Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the rules?

Options
  • 16-05-2017 5:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Hi, so I received an infraction for this post:

"Let's get real here, this is a common opinion in England. They don't like us but then again they don't like anyone. Horrible racist, xenophobic, lowlifes. Will they hurry up and ****in exit already?"

I'm appealing the infraction because I don't see how this comment is against the rules. I have read all the rules and I have read plenty of threads on after hours. This kind of comment is common place. I've seen threads with comments like this towards many different groups be they travellers, cyclists, feminists, Irish people, political parties, celebrities, people on the news and so on. Basically everyone.

So why are some comments allowed and others are not? I will also add that this comment was made yesterday but I received an infraction today for it after a mod went through my posts to find something he didn't like. I'm appealing the infraction but I'll have no problem dropping it if I can get a reasonable explanation on what is allowed and what is not. Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 864 ✭✭✭neverever1

Any update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you contacted the mod who issued the action, and attempted to discuss it with them?

Yes, I did that ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OK, I'll ask a CMod to look into this.

Great. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Please forward (or post here) the pm exchange with the mod.

Barbie! wrote:
    If your disputing the card you go to DRP http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

If it's a complaint about a mod you go to help desk http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Be warned that the help desk is pre moderated. Your post and any replies won't show up till a mod of that forum approves them.
    neverever1 wrote:
    That's not trolling! Overlooked was it? Where do I go to make a complaint about a mod?
    Barbie! wrote:
    Nope. It got overlooked. You were trolling the thread.
    neverever1 wrote:
    Barbie! wrote:
    Dear neverever1,

You have been infracted for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

Barbie!

Moderator Note

post103508561 You cannot say stuff like this.

Your post:
    neverever1 wrote: »
    RobertKK wrote: »

Let's get real here, this is a common opinion in England. They don't like us but then again they don't like anyone. Horrible racist, xenophobic, lowlifes. Will they hurry up and ****in exit already?

Eh? Was that a post from yesterday? Are you going through my post history to look for reasons to give me infractions?

Here

I'd also like to hear the reason for some things getting carded and some things being ignored. Yesterday I reported a post which accused me of supporting the killing of women and children. I didn't respond to this post as the rules say you should report things like that and not respond. I expected the mods to deal with it or remove it but nothing! How is anything I've got punished for anywhere near accusing someone of supporting the killing of women and children?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I see no attempt here to attempt to resolve the issue with the mod.
    Is there more to this issue that I am not aware of?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I see no attempt here to attempt to resolve the issue with the mod.
    Is there more to this issue that I am not aware of?

I asked: "Eh? Was that a post from yesterday? Are you going through my post history to look for reasons to give me infractions?"

He responded: "If your disputing the card you go to DRP http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

If it's a complaint about a mod you go to help desk http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Be warned that the help desk is pre moderated. Your post and any replies won't show up till a mod of that forum approves them."

So I came here.

• Advertisement

Yes but the first step in DRP is to attempt to resolve with the mod. You didn't do that. If you wish to do that now in a constructive manner then please do so and let us know the conclusion arrived at. If you're still not happy after that we can proceed here.

I think it has to do with a previous infraction the same mod gave to me. They couldn't justify their decision so they sent me straight here. Same thing with this infraction.
    Is there going to be any reasons given for the obvious disparities in punishments given to different posts. Are you allowed to say someone supports the murder of women and children? If I do that on a thread right now will I be banned?
    Barbie! wrote:
    It is about his trip to Ireland, nothing else. I'm not discussing it anymore. If you feel its unjust you can pm one of the cmods of after hours to see if they agree or disagree.
    neverever1 wrote:
    Barbie! wrote:
    It's off topic and nothing to do with the thread. I made it very clear.
    neverever1 wrote:
    Sorry but Mountbattens link to the Kincora peadophile ring is well known: http://www.indymedia.ie/article/20885?userlanguage=ga

What's the issue?

Sorry but if it's a thread about Charles then how is his links to peadophilia off topic?

If you wish to do that now in a constructive manner then please do so and let us know the conclusion arrived at. If you're still not happy after that we can proceed here.

Any update here?

Any update here?

I think it has to do with a previous infraction the same mod gave to me. They couldn't justify their decision so they sent me straight here. Same thing with this infraction.
    Is there going to be any reasons given for the obvious disparities in punishments given to different posts. Are you allowed to say someone supports the murder of women and children? If I do that on a thread right now will I be banned?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Barbie!
    It is about his trip to Ireland, nothing else. I'm not discussing it anymore. If you feel its unjust you can pm one of the cmods of after hours to see if they agree or disagree.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neverever1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Barbie!
    It's off topic and nothing to do with the thread. I made it very clear.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neverever1
    Sorry but Mountbattens link to the Kincora peadophile ring is well known: http://www.indymedia.ie/article/20885?userlanguage=ga

What's the issue?
    Sorry but if it's a thread about Charles then how is his links to peadophilia off topic?

Are you willing to engage with the mod constructively?

Any progress here?

I still think this was unfair and the rules seem to be enforced randomly but I think this should be closed at this stage if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Re-reg troll now sitebanned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement