Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist down 16 May 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Chuchote wrote: »

And to add to that I think there was another one this evening, not to far away from where the one above happened. At the side of Woodies on the nangor road, heading to Clondalkin, away from the Naas Road.

Another badly designed road point.

I hope all concerned in both incidents recover and heal well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

That's a horrible junction to cycle through. There's a lot going on there with two turnoffs close together, cars turning for Knockmitten Lane and others turning off for the Long Mile Road. The usual late (overly assertive) mergers don't help along with a bus lane that prevents a heavy volume of traffic getting into the correct lane early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

If it's the place I'm thinking of, it's a truly horrible place to drive, never mind cycle; my only way of driving it safely was to watch the instructions written on the road surface, and even that didn't make it safe or easy. Really needs redesigning.
    And indeed a bike flyover.

Advertisement