Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastercard Payments to BOI

Options
  • 16-05-2017 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi. 

Recently my BOI Mastercard was rejected. I contacted my local Branch and also checked my Credit Card payments online. It seems that I had an outstanding balance which I had not paid. Normally, when I receive my Credit Card bills, I immediately pay them online using my AIB account. I paid this oustanding amount to BOI this morning online, and according to AIB the money has gone through from my current savings account. However, when I check my Mastercard  payments ;/bankofireland.creditcardservicing.com/BOI_Consumer/Login.do?promoCode=BOI there is no record of any paying being received as of May 16th 2017 @ 17.40 pm. The account says I still owe the balance that I paid this morning, and also whaen I check  Account Activity it shows up as "There has been no recent activity on this account". Why is this? I am registered with Bank365 but never use it, and I am just puzzled as to why it seems that I have not cleared my Mastercard account? I am going to US shortly and need to have this rectified asap. It is almost impossible to get through to any BOI helpline on phone. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Mastercard payments don't go through instantly. The receiving account at BOI is a collection account but your 16 digit MasterCard number is the real account. It takes around 3 working days to process the lodgement through. Transfers to BOI personal accounts are different. They take 1 working day

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lail turvey

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Mastercard payments don't go through instantly. The receiving account at BOI is a collection account but your 16 digit MasterCard number is the real account. It takes around 3 working days to process the lodgement through. Transfers to BOI personal accounts are different. They take 1 working day
    TY very much for that info, Ally. It is very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Ally Dick wrote: »
    TY very much for that info, Ally. It is very much appreciated
    No problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi. 

Recently my BOI Mastercard was rejected. I contacted my local Branch and also checked my Credit Card payments online. It seems that I had an outstanding balance which I had not paid. Normally, when I receive my Credit Card bills, I immediately pay them online using my AIB account. I paid this oustanding amount to BOI this morning online, and according to AIB the money has gone through from my current savings account. However, when I check my Mastercard  payments ;/bankofireland.creditcardservicing.com/BOI_Consumer/Login.do?promoCode=BOI there is no record of any paying being received as of May 16th 2017 @ 17.40 pm. The account says I still owe the balance that I paid this morning, and also whaen I check  Account Activity it shows up as "There has been no recent activity on this account". Why is this? I am registered with Bank365 but never use it, and I am just puzzled as to why it seems that I have not cleared my Mastercard account? I am going to US shortly and need to have this rectified asap. It is almost impossible to get through to any BOI helpline on phone. Many thanks
    Hi lail turvey,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards and thanks to Ally Dick for the help:) 

Sorry to hear you experienced difficulty trying to reach a colleague by phone to help with your query.
    As Ally Dick correctly mentions, the payment will not show on the Credit Card instantly. As payment is coming from AIB they could suggest the time frame to reach us, their payments maybe subject to cut off times. For example, if transferring from a BOI account to BOI Credit Card, the payment takes 1 working day providing it is made before cut off time of 3.30pm.

If you are registered for Card Care, payment will show for you as soon as we credit and you can avail of monthly eStatements here also. More information on Card Care here 

We hope the information helps, any further queries please feel free to get back in touch.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Hi. 

Hi lail turvey,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards and thanks to Ally Dick for the help:) 

Sorry to hear you experienced difficulty trying to reach a colleague by phone to help with your query.
    As Ally Dick correctly mentions, the payment will not show on the Credit Card instantly. As payment is coming from AIB they could suggest the time frame to reach us, their payments maybe subject to cut off times. For example, if transferring from a BOI account to BOI Credit Card, the payment takes 1 working day providing it is made before cut off time of 3.30pm.

If you are registered for Card Care, payment will show for you as soon as we credit and you can avail of monthly eStatements here also. More information on Card Care here 

We hope the information helps, any further queries please feel free to get back in touch.

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison. Although you have explained the reason/s for delay in paying my Mastercard, I am still anxious about this whole procedure. When I log in to my Card Care A/C, it shows that nothing has changed regarding my current balance owed which I settled yesterday online!! Then I see that my next payment is due by June 5th? It seems to be that interest charges will accrue on me rather unfairly, as I have settled this overdue amount in full yesterday. I am going to US very soon, and I am now worried that I will not have access to using my Mastercard abroad! I have Googled all the reasons for late delays in money payments between banks, but I am still surprised that a simple, straightforward online transaction can take so long! Is there any other way of contacting somebody in a managerial position to sort this simple matter out? I found it strange that even in my own local BOI branch, yesterday, it took a member of staff 38 minutes to reach a helpline within her own organization? Thanks again, for your help, Alison, and I hope to hear from you soon...Best regards

• Advertisement

Hi. 

Hi lail turvey,

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison. Although you have explained the reason/s for delay in paying my Mastercard, I am still anxious about this whole procedure. When I log in to my Card Care A/C, it shows that nothing has changed regarding my current balance owed which I settled yesterday online!! Then I see that my next payment is due by June 5th? It seems to be that interest charges will accrue on me rather unfairly, as I have settled this overdue amount in full yesterday. I am going to US very soon, and I am now worried that I will not have access to using my Mastercard abroad! I have Googled all the reasons for late delays in money payments between banks, but I am still surprised that a simple, straightforward online transaction can take so long! Is there any other way of contacting somebody in a managerial position to sort this simple matter out? I found it strange that even in my own local BOI branch, yesterday, it took a member of staff 38 minutes to reach a helpline within her own organization? Thanks again, for your help, Alison, and I hope to hear from you soon...Best regards
    Sorry for all the correspondence, but all has been settled now, and I need to thank you for your help. I guess, I just got too anxious, so sorry about that and ty again...Best Wishes L

Advertisement