Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance help

Options
  • 16-05-2017 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all im new here on boards, i have come looking for advice! Basically i was away travelling for 20 months and now that im back im trying to get car insurance which is proving very costly lowest €2400-highest €5468 on the same car i was paying circa 800 before i left! My first question is does anyone know which insurance companys will accept named driver experince after a 20 month gap?? I know most are 90 days.

Another question i have is, has anybody ever got proof of no claims or no accident letter from Australian insurance federation body?? The reason i ask is An post insurance will honour my named driver experience from the past with a very good quote if i can prove i have not had any accidents or claims whilst in Australia, which i cannot find information on?? I was driving via the registration(rego) third party extension so my name was not on any insurance policy or the car was not in my name. Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I know for full policies it's 24 months of a gap where the no claims dies. You will just have to try them all I am afraid, see who's cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 john15

Yeah i should have mentioned the ones i have been in touch with:
    25plus.ie - online wont quote me
    Aig - phone call wont quote me
    Chill - phone €2400 tpf&t my (previous insurers i was paying circa 800 on my own policy year and a half ago)
    123 - phone wont quote me
    First ireland - phone €5468 with arb also €2030 with excess direct (€3000 excess)
    An post - phone €1100 fully comp ( but they want proof from driving in australia which i cannot get)
    Britton - Are to get back to me
    AXA - phone €3450 fully comp
    Quotedevil - phone quoted me €3000+
    Nononsence - are now FBD
    FBD - phone wont quote me
    AIB - phone €3146 (10% discount)

Going to try campion and sheridan tomorrow morning.

Advertisement