Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elite Dangerous(PS4)

Options

Comments

Who would have thought that being an intergalactic van driver could be so entertaining. Spent nearly 1.5 million on my third ship last night. A Lakon type 6. Loving this game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Had a nice little handy delivery mission last night for a nice 200k. Got to the system, heading towards the planet base. Requested my landing. Was all running very smooth, lined myself up with the landing pad. Tried to press down and circle to get my landing gear out...didn't press down, boosted into a tower and blew up. Lost my 200k, lost all my random inventory for a crash site and had to rebuy my ship. Circle is no longer boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Had a nice little handy delivery mission last night for a nice 200k. Got to the system, heading towards the planet base. Requested my landing. Was all running very smooth, lined myself up with the landing pad. Tried to press down and circle to get my landing gear out...didn't press down, boosted into a tower and blew up. Lost my 200k, lost all my random inventory for a crash site and had to rebuy my ship. Circle is no longer boost.

Been there,harsh lessons in this game:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Steep learning curve for this? and does it include the DLC Pack Horizons?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Steep learning curve for this? and does it include the DLC Pack Horizons?

They're separate, it's under 30 euro on steam for both at the moment i think if you get the commander deluxe edition. Sale is ending this evening though I think so you only have a few hours to decide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is the PS4 version not Horizons included?

edit yeah Amazon only has one version which includes horizons.

dreamers75 wrote: »

You can get the base game on its own or the deluxe edition which has horizons included

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is anyone else experiencing crashes and huge slowdowns at certain times in the game? Like when dropping out of super cruise, for me; the game either becomes unresponsive or just crashes completely with an error code. This is happening about 40% of the time.

I see that people have mentioned it on Frontier's forums. I contacted Sony over it and asked about a refund. Cheeky fcukers said that they need a written confirmation from the publisher that there's no fix, as if that would ever happen. They never even provided an address or dept. name that the written confirmation would need to be sent to!

Has anyone ever been successful in getting a refund for a digital game?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dreamers75 wrote: »

My bad, subscribed to this thread and the one in pc gaming and got mixed up.

You can get the base game on its own or the deluxe edition which has horizons included

Seems to be only a Legendary edition for PS4. I cant find another one.

https://www.destructoid.com/review-elite-dangerous-446850.phtml

PS4 review, good review he hits home on the "space is hard" part and some times you have look outside the game for information.

Leaves out the brilliant flight model in combat with FA on or off or doesnt mention it enough. Thats the best part of Elite, the actual flying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there a steep learning curve for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Getting the hang of controlling your ship with the the thumb sticks requires a lot of patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Learning curve is very steep for this from what I've seen/read, but it's also very rewarding for those that are willing to put the time and effort into it.
    Using a HOTAS set up improves the experience as the flight model is excellent by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

mcgooch wrote: »
    Learning curve is very steep for this from what I've seen/read, but it's also very rewarding for those that are willing to put the time and effort into it.
    Using a HOTAS set up improves the experience as the flight model is excellent by all accounts.

This guy has a couple of videos playing with the Hotas for the 1st time on ps4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb3q3YOIG4

Mickeroo wrote: »
    My bad, subscribed to this thread and the one in pc gaming and got mixed up.

Whoever edited the thread title, thanks :pac:

bigphil2 wrote: »
    This guy has a couple of videos playing with the Hotas for the 1st time on ps4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb3q3YOIG4

I see thats a PS branded Hotas,anyone know if the older non branded one works. Tempted to double dip on this game and try get a few friends playing. If i cant use the older HOTAS im not gonna bother though

EoinHef wrote: »
    I see thats a PS branded Hotas,anyone know if the older non branded one works. Tempted to double dip on this game and try get a few friends playing. If i cant use the older HOTAS im not gonna bother though

I asked about that and i was told that the old one doesnt work with it..

My Hotas 4 is sitting in parcelmotel right now waiting for me to pick it up..

I just need to say goodbye to the missus and ill be hitting the game for the next few months ill say :)

I asked about that and i was told that the old one doesnt work with it..

My Hotas 4 is sitting in parcelmotel right now waiting for me to pick it up..

I just need to say goodbye to the missus and ill be hitting the game for the next few months ill say :)

Seem to be seeing conflicting reports,ive decided against double dipping for the moment anyway.

Theres a lot to be getting on with with this game and splitting my time between two versions is probably a bad idea!!

BTW there is no comparison between stick and joypad,flight stick is awesome in this game.
    Just remember to keep in mind you will most likely have to re map buttons. The defauot with the HOTAS X was rubbish. So i wouldnt do anything to crazy till you get your mapping down.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Seem to be seeing conflicting reports,ive decided against double dipping for the moment anyway.

Theres a lot to be getting on with with this game and splitting my time between two versions is probably a bad idea!!

BTW there is no comparison between stick and joypad,flight stick is awesome in this game.
    Just remember to keep in mind you will most likely have to re map buttons. The defauot with the HOTAS X was rubbish. So i wouldnt do anything to crazy till you get your mapping down.

Apparantly all the buttons are mapped straight out of the box! but its the first thing ill be checking

Have any of you guys been to Mitterand Hallow in the Epsilon Indi system. Well worth a trip out there to try and land on the moon but if you do you are in for a treat.

• Advertisement

Have any of you guys been to Mitterand Hallow in the Epsilon Indi system. Well worth a trip out there to try and land on the moon but if you do you are in for a treat.

Thats a bug that if they fix it will have an unknown effect on other bodies so they just left it in.

Think its just over a minute or thereabouts, defintley something to see that cannot possibly exist anywhere in the universe :D

Stellarforge is what powers the game and it has made a decent attempt at populating space except for Mitterand Hollow :D

Had no idea it was a bug :D

Managing to get into orbit was a challenge in itself, well worth it though.

Apparantly all the buttons are mapped straight out of the box! but its the first thing ill be checking

All the buttons are mapped,its plug in and play..

Thrustmaster Hotas 4 that is...

Quick question,when playing in open,how many other players would be on that server at the same time,is there a limit or is it a MMO?

Quick question,when playing in open,how many other players would be on that server at the same time,is there a limit or is it a MMO?

Each area is instanced, i think 16 is the max. So if there was 17 players in supercruise in one system one would potentially be alone while the other 16 could see each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Just picked this up and I'm loving it. Currently have a hauler and I'm doing the man in the van role. Nearly made my first million. Just on the edge of the bubble of influence now. Thinking about going exploring beyond the bubble now.

So should I? Is the game area just the bubble or bigger and would I need a fuel scoop and can it be got for the hauler. So many questions. Damn work

CptMackey wrote: »
    Just picked this up and I'm loving it. Currently have a hauler and I'm doing the man in the van role. Nearly made my first million. Just on the edge of the bubble of influence now. Thinking about going exploring beyond the bubble now.

So should I? Is the game area just the bubble or bigger and would I need a fuel scoop and can it be got for the hauler. So many questions. Damn work

Any ship can fit a fuel scoop. The game area is a scale model of the milky way (with a heap of procedural generation) so it's a few million times the size of the bubble.

If you want to go exploring aim for kitting out an Asp Explorer with the biggest fuel scoop you can afford.

This is the build I used to get to Sagittarius A*(the supermassive blackhole at the centre of the galaxy): https://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/02A4D5A4D3D5D5C
    0202--3df5430k0k2i2f.AwRj4zOUSA==.AzCMYku7XYg=?bn=The%20Shackleton

I ended up ditching the second fuel tank after I graduated to the 6A scoop which would be the next step up, but that costs about 25m credits on its own.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

On the PSN Store for €13.99 now for anyone thats interested.

Although ive a ton of time invested on the PC version of this my mate picked it up on PS4 so i did too. Personally think €30 is a decent price for the deluxe edition.

Not sure if its a bad or terrible idea double dipping with this game though givin its grindy nature but i guess ill find out!!

• Advertisement

Anybody playing this still?

Been playing a lot and really enjoying it.

Advertisement