Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum 70 API/Interface

Options
  • 16-05-2017 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

Might be a daft question, but I was wondering does the Quantum 70 have some sort of interface where I could programmatically poll the status of the system?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I doubt you would be able to HKC have serial posts/browser access etc well locked down.
    Is this a system you have installed or something you are looking to install for certain features.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I have some CCTV cameras and I was going to write a script that would check if the alarm was armed and if so, send a push notification to my phone on motion detection. Just something to fool about with....

Thanks for the info

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What type of recorder have you got for the CCTV
    Many could take a trigger from the alarm & send you an email which could be pushed to your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

No I only want to check the alarm system status not trigger on an alarm activation. So motion+alarm armed = notification.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Use the HKC app....that'll poll for you. no changeable outputs on the quantum unfortunetly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

For total hackery... you could take a feed straight off the signal into the alarm panel to the input of e.g. a raspberry pi.... then do whatever you like

Not sure what voltage the siganl from the contacts/PIRs are... could be 12v in which case you would have to pass it through 3v3 or 5v regulator.
    Edit: although that wouldnt tell you if the alarm is armed...
    Obvious caveats - if you mess about with your alarm system it may affect a claim you make with your insurance company or you may break it etc etc.
    Probably a better discussion for programming/electronics forum.

Advertisement