Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from AIB to PTSB (Explore A/C.)

• 16-05-2017 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

I’ve seen some old topics on changing banks but just want to update please in case there is anything new I need to be aware of. I already have my PTSB current a/c but was looking at the explore account.

I was going to let PTSB change for me but having read some posts I think I will do it myself.
    I have usual monthly payments like internet, refuse collection and electricity etc. I also have a weekly standing order going out on a Friday.

So best to:

1. Inform employer of change to send salary?
    2. Change a/c where weekly s/o has to go? (That concerns me most).
    3. Then utilities which I think I can do on their website.

Anything else or is that about it?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The standing order will be fine as with a standing order it is you who sets it up. Once you cancel the SO with your original bank and set it up with your new one, it will go through fine. I would leave enough money in your old account and new one to cover all direct debits if possible. Just in case the change doesn't go through on one in time and still hits your old account. Apart from that you've pretty much everything covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Unlimited 10c Cashback is now available on Explore Account for April and May*.

Get €5 back when you spend €30 in any supermarket when you sign-up for GoREWARDS**

Advertisement