Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mechanic in north dublin

Options
  • 16-05-2017 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Well.

Have an issue with di2 and brake cables rattling inside a frame ...it's needs some sort of foam tubing or similar...or a hack ....anyone know of any such mechanic that will do....such work will probably involve removing crank and bb...and sorting true there.....both di2 and read brake cables run in the down tube as rear brake is under the rear chain stays....

Options are...Jimmie's....360...????.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Richies in Swords have 3 excellent ones.
    Frank especially is meticulous

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭disco1

RobFowl wrote: »
    Richies in Swords have 3 excellent ones.
    Frank especially is meticulous

Hi.

Maybe I will give him a try so....thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Not a difficult fix Shimano will sell you some ties to solve it.

https://www.probikekit.com/cycling-electronic-components/shimano-di2-cable-tie-set-for-ew-sd50-internal/10784174.html

I have set up a few bikes with Di2 and just used ordinary cable ties and left the ends long. You will need to access through the bottom bracket though as there is not normally space to get things in from the top end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I've found 360 good for working on Di2, had 2 bikes fitted with Di2 and any issues have been sorted quickly. Not sure about other shops but they have all the stuff there to update the firmware and make sure everything is up to date too. Seems to be one lad in there who knows the stuff inside out. Can't remember his name though but pretty sure he works Monday, Thursday and Friday. Was only in with them last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Can't vouch for the others but +1 for Frank in Richies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

clog wrote: »
    Not a difficult fix Shimano will sell you some ties to solve it.

https://www.probikekit.com/cycling-electronic-components/shimano-di2-cable-tie-set-for-ew-sd50-internal/10784174.html

I have set up a few bikes with Di2 and just used ordinary cable ties and left the ends long. You will need to access through the bottom bracket though as there is not normally space to get things in from the top end.

I'm sure you can use normal cable ties (that are easier to get and cheaper) than those Shimano ones. No?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭disco1

Thanks lads .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

are they 11 speed compatible cable ties though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Nice to have this thread I've gotten my fair share of bad bike shops in North Dublin not to sure if I'm allowed mention the names would be nice as to warn people.

One in Fairview very well known I suspect, not be to confused with the one at the bridge or school. Brought wheel in to be repaired spokes were broken. Unknown to me the rim was bent, was never told or they haven't a clue what they were at. Anyway not long after the repair was done spokes broke again so returned to the shop to be told it was because the wheel was painted.

I really hope that was to shut me up or he was just a bleddering idiot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

OMG

You painted your wheel......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

RobFowl wrote: »
    OMG

You painted your wheel......

Owner before me did

Advertisement