Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro 2017, Stage 11: Ponte a Ema – Bagno di Romagna 161 km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Landa & Fraile

Chase group including Amador @1'39"

Peloton @3'42"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

MPFGLB wrote: »
    oH great ...Landa will be brough back as break to big and maybe Deignan can have a go

They have now posted a full list, no ellisonde. Only deignan chasing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Landa & Fraile

Chase group including Amador @1'39"

Peloton @3'42"

Cannondale need to get bloody organised

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Off topic but anyone see the state of the cannondale rider after crashing 2 days ago on the tour of california. Like watching a drunk stumbling around at 2am after been booted out of the local night club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

Yeah, didn't make for good viewing

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    Off topic but anyone see the state of the cannondale rider after crashing 2 days ago on the tour of california. Like watching a drunk stumbling around at 2am after been booted out of the local night club

I was amazed that other riders didn't crash in to him when he was stumbling around. The other riders flew by him really close, probably not realising that he could have easily stepped right in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

looking at this new feature of riders power, heartrate etc being fed to the tv audience in real time. seems like a feature likely to be exploited by various teams via their ds's. if say Pinot is climbing toe to toe with Quintana and its shown that Pinot is on his limit at a bpm of 193 whilst quintana is cruising at 155. surely it can be fed back to the latter to chuck in a final attack and crack him.

Jonathan waughters had a copy of a text conversation with someone senior in the team about getting him looked after in hospital there but was cheaper to fly him back to Europe business class and go straight to hospital over here

Break all but caught now, and TJ looking like he was spat out the back there.

• Advertisement

Hes a disaster. Every year the same story.

No surprise really. Landa about to be caught by the chasers

Dumoulin & Sunweb are blessed that FJD and Trek are helping

Oh Deignan is there with the leading group , missed that being in and out here.

Wow some effort today from Fraile.

Great rdier Fraile as seen at Tour de Yorkshire

Deignan made to wait ??? WTF

Rolland is nailed on for 2nd here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

sickened when i heard that

(not as much as he was i'm sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Just saw that. Stupid move by sky. Sacrificing a possible stage win for what, a GC top 10? Madness

• Advertisement

Rolland should bottle it soon

Hard fought for all day for Fraile

I fancied Rio Costa to win that sprint 'relatively' easily. When he finds himself in those small bunch sprints, he very often delivers the goods. Well done to Fraile though, what a super performance.

Amador up from 9th to 6th and Kangert from 12th to 8th.
    Kruijswijk drops out of the top-10.

1 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Sunweb 47:22:07
    2 Nairo Quintana (Col) Movistar Team 0:02:23
    3 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Trek-Segafredo 0:02:38
    4 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ 0:02:40
    5 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Bahrain-Merida 0:02:47
    6 Andrey Amador (CRc) Movistar Team 0:03:05
    7 Bob Jungels (Lux) Quick-Step Floors 0:03:56
    8 Tanel Kangert (Est) Astana Pro Team 0:03:59
    9 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale 0:04:05
    10 Ilnur Zakarin (Rus) Katusha-Alpecin 0:04:17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Anyone know how much the Kruijswijk Thomas group lost to pink jersey group?

Have to say if that was Contador in Quintana's place & assuming having decent legs, when Nibali attacked Contador wouldn't have been sitting in the wheels but would have added fuel to the fire. Doesn't mean it would have reaped rewards but why not give it a go.

Just to add I only caught bits of it here & there so maybe I'm wronging Quintana there.

pelevin wrote: »
    Anyone know how much the Kruijswijk Thomas group lost to pink jersey group?

About 48 seconds

Great finish to that stage

Mark Cavendish was up on a bike and in his DDD gear for PR at the stage today , good to hear he's feeling better but still has no idea when he'll be back in the game

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cavendish-i-could-be-back-in-10-days-or-it-could-be-a-year/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

pelevin wrote: »

Have to say if that was Contador in Quintana's place & assuming having decent legs, when Nibali attacked Contador wouldn't have been sitting in the wheels but would have added fuel to the fire. Doesn't mean it would have reaped rewards but why not give it a go.

Just to add I only caught bits of it here & there so maybe I'm wronging Quintana there.

You are not wronging him and that's exactly why i've never really took to Quintana. He's a very good climber but way to cautious for the ability he is meant to have. I personally think he is just a couple of notches above the Colombian climbers of the 90's.

A few days ago i was looking at a highlights reel from Contador in the Giro a few years back and wishing he was still in his prime in this Giro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Quintana is certainly an amazing climber, but far too conservative to really like. Watching Dumoulin is more exciting - that tells you something.

Advertisement