Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro 2017, Stage 11: Ponte a Ema – Bagno di Romagna 161 km

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

You are not wronging him and that's exactly why i've never really took to Quintana. He's a very good climber but way to cautious for the ability he is meant to have. I personally think he is just a couple of notches above the Colombian climbers of the 90's.

A few days ago i was looking at a highlights reel from Contador in the Giro a few years back and wishing he was still in his prime in this Giro.

I think it was 2013 Tour Quintana attacked a mountain too early on the first proper mountain stage & Froome & Porte then crushed everyone, & whereas that was foolhardy & self-defeating, like you say, he's been very much on the cautious side since. Would have hoped Q seeing at close quarters how in effect Contador won him the Vuelta last year with his daring attack, that that might have created some kind of inner revolution in him, but again yday sat there. Don't really buy much the idea he had Amador up the road & how that strengthens Movistar's hand so much. The whole point of the attack would have been to try to pressure/drop Dumoulin, getting closer to Amador irrelevant, & actually riders up the road could have helped them drive on if the attack had worked.

Advertisement