Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long shot - spurs Liffey valley mozzarella sticks

• 16-05-2017 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

spurs in liffey valley.
    they are closed down im afraid. they did some mozerella sticks as a starter and they had some sort of sauce with it. it was maybe a raspberry colee or puree or something like that. i dont even really know, all i know is ii loved it and when i went back to get some it was gone. hours and hours i have spent wandering through supermarket isles, opening tins on shelves and dipping a finger in to taste the jams and sauces on offer but i have never found anything like it.

would anyone have any idea what it was or where it came from?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They have a raspberry dressing in Aldi as part of their "salad bag" range, think it about 53c so worth trying - along by the milks etc, they also sell mozzarella sticks afair, they definitely sell camembert in breadcrumbs, all by the cheese section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

spurs in liffey valley.
    they are closed down im afraid. they did some mozerella sticks as a starter and they had some sort of sauce with it. it was maybe a raspberry colee or puree or something like that. i dont even really know, all i know is ii loved it and when i went back to get some it was gone. hours and hours i have spent wandering through supermarket isles, opening tins on shelves and dipping a finger in to taste the jams and sauces on offer but i have never found anything like it.

would anyone have any idea what it was or where it came from?

Many thanks

Ye wha :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

Try before you buy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

No point in buying something that's not right. Just open it, have a taste, give a quick swirl with your finger and pop the cap back on. Nobody is ever the wiser. Saved me a fortune so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Am I in the thread for things stingy people do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

No point in buying something that's not right. Just open it, have a taste, give a quick swirl with your finger and pop the cap back on. Nobody is ever the wiser. Saved me a fortune so far.

Ever wonder why there's tongs in the bread aisle, or scoops at the pic n mix section?

Sure no one has dirty fingers anyway.

Can we stay on point please

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Can we stay on point please

Mod note: No need for back seat modding thanks, and chat about sticking your fingers into jars in shops isn't exactly staying on point ;)

You do realise the person replying has some old man still king his fingers up provocatively?

All's I want is to know what it is\was.

Is there a lower class thread you could move this to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,371 ✭✭✭✭endacl

wandering through supermarket isles, opening tins on shelves and dipping a finger in to taste the jams and sauces on offer
    Is there a lower class thread you could move this to?
    I sincerely doubt it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

cardinal tetra you have received an infraction for trolling in this thread. Think very carefully before posting again in the Food forum because any repeat will result in a ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Maybe if you could describe the sauce - consistency, taste, spicy/not-spicy, mouth-feel, etc.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,340 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Maybe if you could describe the sauce - consistency, taste, spicy/not-spicy, mouth-feel, etc.

Sounds like the same stuff you get with the mozzarella sticks in Captain America's, which is essentially seedless raspberry jam, a bit thicker than what you'd find in a jam doughnut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I make a spicy dip/sauce which would go well with Mozzarella sticks. Easiest thing to make - a punnet of strawberries (hulled), 2 or 3 hot red chillies, a shake of salt & couple of grinds of black pepper- pop the lot into a blender & blitz. Amazing with prawn crackers & a cold beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I make a spicy dip/sauce which would go well with Mozzarella sticks. Easiest thing to make - a punnet of strawberries (hulled), 2 or 3 hot red chillies, a shake of salt & couple of grinds of black pepper- pop the lot into a blender & blitz. Amazing with prawn crackers & a cold beer.

Mrs G! had a great tip for hulling strawberries. Get a straw and push it into the pointed end of the strawberry towards the stem and just the hull comes out.

Mrs G! had a great tip for hulling strawberries. Get a straw and push it into the pointed end of the strawberry towards the stem and just the hull comes out.

I do that too - it's so quick and easy :)

Did he ever distribute this to spurs in Liffey valley?

Any further insights on this. Got me some mozerella sticks and camembert for the bbq and need a dip

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

A menu I found said it was a mild sweet chilli jam.

Try cranberry sauce as well, that's usually served with mozzarella sticks.

Silverfish wrote: »
    A menu I found said it was a mild sweet chilli jam.

Try cranberry sauce as well, that's usually served with mozzarella sticks.

Where did have get that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement