Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nordyindublin

Hey - yeah he said between May and June. In fairness we were gearing for Somerton and that phase isn't even started yet so to be able to get in for this summer is a massive bonus! Hope my neighbors are sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HMcM

Hey - yeah he said between May and June. In fairness we were gearing for Somerton and that phase isn't even started yet so to be able to get in for this summer is a massive bonus! Hope my neighbors are sound!

Yeah definitely a big bonus that it will be done summer. Yeah I’m with you on that, hoping we get good neighbors too. Which house type did you buy? We went for the Elm.

HMcM wrote: »
    Yeah definitely a big bonus that it will be done summer. Yeah I’m with you on that, hoping we get good neighbors too. Which house type did you buy? We went for the Elm.

Yeah same here went for the Elm! Can't wait for the second floor movie room lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NBoL

Hi All,

I just put a deposit down on a 4 bed on the Crescent. Does anyone know about the proposed Traveller Accommodation Site that is supposed to be in Shackleton Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

NBoL wrote: »
    Hi All,

I just put a deposit down on a 4 bed on the Crescent. Does anyone know about the proposed Traveller Accommodation Site that is supposed to be in Shackleton Park?

Just you it would seem

• Advertisement

Just you it would seem

I haven't heard of it...what have you heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NBoL

I haven't heard of it...what have you heard?

Found a map on the developement plans and it has a spot marker for traveller accommodation in Shackleton, there was one in Somerton too but that got moved. Just want to clarify where exactly it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

From the development plans shown earlier in the thread it's in a much later phase, over to the west of Arlie Park

Can anyone who has moved into one of the elm types already (4 bed semi) let me know what was included. We were advised bathrooms are complete and kitchens are complete, and hallway and kitchen are tiled and house painted in a new colour (brilliant white i've seen on the facebook group).

Just was looking through the brochure and it said bathrooms and ensuites are fully tiled and was wondering if they came with toilets/baths/sinks/showers etc?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fatcat11145

Can anyone who has moved into one of the elm types already (4 bed semi) let me know what was included. We were advised bathrooms are complete and kitchens are complete, and hallway and kitchen are tiled and house painted in a new colour (brilliant white i've seen on the facebook group).

Just was looking through the brochure and it said bathrooms and ensuites are fully tiled and was wondering if they came with toilets/baths/sinks/showers etc?

thanks
    All included

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I have seen that some people were able to request some modifications in the kitchen, but these were limited.

For those who have a breakfast bar, is it an option to have a wider countertop or do they only let you change the material and the sink?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Does anyone know if there is any houses left? There seems to be such a demand for houses but I have heard Shackleton isn’t sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rridkdub

Does anyone know if there is any houses left? There seems to be such a demand for houses but I have heard Shackleton isn’t sold out?
    Daft shows 30 units available and the ad was updated on 8th march. So i would think that there would be some available

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

As of yesterday the agent was advising people there are 28 on the open market and a further 30 that haven't been released 'yet' in reserve. There are also a small number of units that the agent expects the sales to fall through on.

I live in the area- and am interested in the development (alongside some of the luxury Lucan developments (Hawkridge, Rokeby etc).

The issue with Shackleton- from what I can see- is pricing. Its between market positions- its not top-end- and its not entry level- but its priced in a manner that is dissuading some prospective buyers. Developments like Rokeby or Hawkridge- which are a lot more expensive- have a exclusivity associated with them- and are unlikely to see more property developments in their immediate vicinity for a protracted period of time (though some Rokeby residents have already lodged positions against Coldblow).

In short- there is official availability, and unofficial availability- and a number of sales that look likely to fall through. They *will* sell (purely on the basis of demand) but there isn't a stampede to take them at current prices.

From the first time I went to view them (not looking to buy) until yesterday, I could see that quite a few had been sold but there were still a few left.

They didn't release all of them at once. When I was persuaded to go for a new build by my other half, I didn't like the aspect of the ones om offer. He asked the EA and they said that the ones I was willing to buy weren't released yet. It took a further 2 weeks for them to release them and a 10k price increase (if I remember correctly).
    Yesterday when I checked the map, my whole road was gone (minus the house next door) and whaterver was left were north or east facing ones.

In saying that though, up to february (at least) somertom also had some units left from the first phase. So it is not isolated.

I put a deposit down on an A1 type the weekend of the Phasse 2 launch (still with my heart set on Somerton) and only 2 houses didn’t sell out from that launch. The 17 launched yesterday were completely different to the ones launched the first weekend (I kept the sales sheet from the first weekend). The prices also increased by 10k for the 4 beds. I think considering the sq footage in comparison to Somerton they’re probably a bit underpriced for the market.

Went to see Somerton yesterday and while I prefer the development on a whole, think the layout is much less cluttered, each room (with the exception of the kitchen/dining area) is much larger in Shackleton. The Master bedroom in nearly double the size of the Somerton master bedroom and the second bedroom in Shackleton is larger than the master in Somerton too. I don’t think Somerton is worth nearly 100k more just for being on the Newcastle road, once the new road opens that connects Shackleton to the Newcastle road (a couple of weeks we’re told) then it’s a distance of 500m in the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

I was there at Somerton yesterday and its a nice development too but looks to me that price differential vs Shackleton on similar 3-bed houses has narrowed a lot. Shackleton has lot more 4-beds than 3-beds though, and Somerton is the opposite.

On pure price per square footage, Shackleton 4 bed is a lot cheaper and I think lack of proper road network probably explains lot of the price differential (no one likes to drive through Tandys lane!) but with new connector to Newcastle road opening in the next few weeks it will become lot more accessible. And then there is personal preference of 2 stories vs 3 stories, bigger bedrooms vs bigger kitchen etc.

Also Cairns have lodged an application to extend the new wider road next to Shackleton to St helens development as part of their next phase (and removing western side of Tandys lane altogether). This will probably be built later this year or next year providing easier access to Adamstown and train station. Road bypassing eastern edge of Tandys lane is already being built.

I was going to buy in Somerton as well. Completely agree with the comments above - the bedrooms are way bigger in Shackleton and the price of a three bed semi in Somertone I was able to get a 4 bed semi (with a 25sq m bedroom and an 18sq m second bedroom!!)

The kitchens are bigger in Somerton yes, but I prefer the kitchens in Shackleton. I also think the Gardens are much bigger in Shackleton. The only thing I defintely preferred in Somerton was the hallway in the 4 bed semi thought it was lovely - other than that I am definitely happy I picked Shackleton even though it wasn't even on my radar until I decided randomly to go to the open viewing!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

audi5 wrote: »
    I was there at Somerton yesterday and its a nice development too but looks to me that price differential vs Shackleton on similar 3-bed houses has narrowed a lot. Shackleton has lot more 4-beds than 3-beds though, and Somerton is the opposite.

On pure price per square footage, Shackleton 4 bed is a lot cheaper and I think lack of proper road network probably explains lot of the price differential (no one likes to drive through Tandys lane!) but with new connector to Newcastle road opening in the next few weeks it will become lot more accessible. And then there is personal preference of 2 stories vs 3 stories, bigger bedrooms vs bigger kitchen etc.

Also Cairns have lodged an application to extend the new wider road next to Shackleton to St helens development as part of their next phase (and removing western side of Tandys lane altogether). This will probably be built later this year or next year providing easier access to Adamstown and train station. Road bypassing eastern edge of Tandys lane is already being built.

We went with a 3 bed mid terrace in Somerton. There was only a 5k difference in price between the two developments(Shackleton 3 beds have jumped massively in price since first going on sale), but what turned us off the 3 beds in Shackleton was the layout.

We didn't like that the living and kitchen space were separated by a wall. Theres doors in Somerton which will help make the house feel brighter.

On the whole though there's very little difference with the 3 beds. No idea why the 4 and 5 beds are carrying such a premium price. Must be the fact it's on the Newcastle Road, which depending on what way you're looking at it, can be a good or bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

I’m really confused as to why people think the Newcastle road is a bonus. I currently live on it and have to add Atleast 10 minuets to my journey to get off it and most f the time I end up taking tandys lane to get to the N4 or the village. It is such a disaster of a road and people driving into the SuperValue Carpark to bypass the traffic just makes it worse at the roundabout. I can’t believe they are putting access from Somerton onto the road, it just doesn’t make sense!

• Advertisement

Eachto their own I guess I would lot like the opening doors - wouldn't want the kitchen smells in the living room. Plus the service charge in somerton is double what it is in Shackleton. Both are good houses and good developers!

Eachto their own I guess I would lot like the opening doors - wouldn't want the kitchen smells in the living room. Plus the service charge in somerton is double what it is in Shackleton. Both are good houses and good developers!

Whats the service charge in Shackleton? We were told ours would be in the region of €540 a year with bins included. Seems to be pretty standard from what i've seen elsewhere. Or are we talking about something else? You do mean management fees?

Whats the service charge in Shackleton? We were told ours would be in the region of €540 a year with bins included. Seems to be pretty standard from what i've seen elsewhere. Or are we talking about something else? You do mean management fees?

The most expensive 5 bed is 390 or so. Ours is a 4 bed and it's 356.

The most expensive 5 bed is 390 or so. Ours is a 4 bed and it's 356.

Ah right. We were actually expecting to be paying more to be honest.
    I read somewhere that the apartments that were supposed to be planned for Somerton(not sure if they're happening now) would have had fees of €1,600 a year.

Lets hope neither of our fees go up drastically once the dust settles on both sites!

Nah it won't be that much. Apartments are different because they have buildings insurance, lift costs, lift insurance and usually electric gates to maintain. I would never expect to pay more than €500 for a house (it actually should only really be bin costs, PL insurance a bit of landscaping and an agents fee).

My Solicitor has been in contact to say that there is no 'subject to loan approval' clause. I thought I read earlier in the thread that it was included, can anyone purchasing in the current phase advise on if they have successfully negotiated for one?

xalot wrote: »
    My Solicitor has been in contact to say that there is no 'subject to loan approval' clause. I thought I read earlier in the thread that it was included, can anyone purchasing in the current phase advise on if they have successfully negotiated for one?

I read that about Cairn Homes before. I doubt they will take this out - it's very bad practice but in the current market i suppose they can do whatever they want. It's against the Law Society advice to let you sign without this clause as well which means you could be stuck - when I say you I mean we as I assume we'll be in the same boat!

I think it was mentioned on facebook that others got it changed

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

xalot wrote: »

It was already included in my contract and did not have to ask for it. But I purchased last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Has anybody made changes to their kitchen units and if so what was the cost? I want to change mine from the two tone colour to all white, was on to Nolan kitchens and they said there would be a cost but wouldn't discuss it over the phone. I don't mind paying a certain mount within reason but not if it is astronomical.

Advertisement