Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch near the airport

Options
  • 16-05-2017 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Flying from cork airport Thursday and just wondering any recommendations for a good dinner near the airport around 1.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

Bull McCabes on airport hill do a reasonable carvery lunch, if you have a little extra time it's hard to beat lunch at the International Hotel in the airport business Park and very reasonable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

corkonion wrote: »
    Bull McCabes on airport hill do a reasonable carvery lunch, if you have a little extra time it's hard to beat lunch at the International Hotel in the airport business Park and very reasonable.

International hotel is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I work in the airport business park, and my recommendation would be to wait until you arrive at your destination ;)

The one nice-ish place would be down near the Kinsale Roundabout, a cafe called Jam which is part of the garden centre there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

The Pav is nice but you will definitely get lost trying to find it. I second the Bull McCabes, been years since I've eaten there but it was always excellent (for a carvery).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Another shout for Bull McCabe's - you'd be hard-pressed to find better carvery grub. Their fish-cakes and bacon-and-cabbage in particular are excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The Workshop, out around the Ballygarvan side of the Airport does good grub, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

The viaduct would be another good option. Its only 10/15 mins away from the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭goochy

he was flying thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Always good to have a dec ent list of options if anyone else has a similar idea. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

There's a wonderful little country pub back the road in Five Mile Bridge. It looks a bit ramshackle from outside but don't let that put you off - they serve a very decent carvery lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭baldtooyoung

I think the burger in the airport hotel is off the wall.
    not the international hotel,the older one.
    Some burger,well worth it.

Advertisement