Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Trump/Russia the legacy media's 9/11 truth movement?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't think it was illegal but they funded the no side to try and stop the bill.

So...you're comparing people legally giving money to a political campaign to Russians hacking the US election?

Riiiiight.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,902 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sadly, that's politics. Obviously, millions in foreign moneys was used in our own election cycle. You have to do SOMETHING with those offshore tax haven accounts.
    The bottom line for me is America has very little credibility in my mind. It looks like there's some sort of fascist coup in the process with Trump and the republicans. The American people are completely at the mercy of their TVs to the point even their president is glued to this 24/7 propaganda windup machine. It bizarre when you watch Fox vs CNN, it's not even opinions anymore, it's justifications for hate.
    Yeah, except most of us just turn off the TV, and boom, the sensationalism is markedly quieter then.

There's still the papers, social media, radio, and essentially just a broad and wide range of news outlets, journals, blogs, discussions, etc. that anyone can avail of. The marketplace is still far too vast, even if this was a fascist takeover, for the Orwellian Dystopia to unfold. As it is though, once you peel off the lid on congressional republicans you find that there are mutliple factions within the party that all mostly agree on some stuff, but disagree on a lot of other stuff. For example, the party for a while couldn't even reach consensus on who their next speaker would be; later they had internal fights over Trump; and, they can't get any internal consensus on healthcare but lets not get into that too much. Suffice to say, there's a repeal-caucus in the party obviously, then theres people who want a proper and full replacement, and those who simply, like Democrats, want to make amendments to the existing ACA to address its problems, rather than watch it simply fall over. So us Americans apologize for what it 'looks like' but its a lot more nuanced. The country is holding up, the system of checks and balances is still, largely, functional.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

InTheTrees wrote: »
    So...you're comparing people legally giving money to a political campaign to Russians hacking the US election?

Riiiiight.
    The US has been giving guns and money to countries for decades to interfere with elections, they've had people killed or set up to win elections and get favorable treatment from their puppet governments.

It's not like the hack made things up, Hillery did some awful things.

It could very well be the Russians, I'm just not fully convinced and even if it was the Russians it's part of a tit for tat battle between them and the Americans. Everyones' guilty.

Riiiiight.
    The US has been giving guns and money to countries for decades to interfere with elections, they've had people killed or set up to win elections and get favorable treatment from their puppet governments.

It's not like the hack made things up, Hillery did some awful things.
    I
    It could very well be the Russians, I'm just not fully convinced and even if it was the Russians it's part of a tit for tat battle between them and the Americans. Everyones' guilty.

So for you international interference in elections is fine because you think everyone's doing it?

So for you international interference in elections is fine because you think everyone's doing it?
    no, do you always jump to extreme conclusions?

• Advertisement

no, do you always jump to extreme conclusions?

It's really not an "extreme" conclusion when you pass it off as "tit for tat" battle is it?

Are the allegations worth investigating or not?

It's really not an "extreme" conclusion when you pass it off as "tit for tat" battle is it?

Are the allegations worth investigating or not?
    Sure, they're worth investigating, I'm not convinced Russia is behind them and it could end up being the people who did it will end up investigating themselves or burying it.

But the fact remains, America and Russia are doing this to each other and other countries all the time. The US is throwing stones in a glass house.

America can cry foul all it likes but I'm not going to get upset about it because I'm not convinced the Americans aren't at it too, just good enough not to get caught.

Advertisement