Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Spain

• 17-05-2017 12:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Travelling to Spain in 2 weeks, have student account and was just wondering what the fees for withdrawing at an ATM are and making visa debit purchases.

Also what are the daily ATM limits and is there a limit on a visa debit transaction?

I also put a Travel Note through the online banking.

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi there,

Travelling to Spain in 2 weeks, have student account and was just wondering what the fees for withdrawing at an ATM are and making visa debit purchases.

Also what are the daily ATM limits and is there a limit on a visa debit transaction?

I also put a Travel Note through the online banking.

Thank you!
    Hi SweetCaliber

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

As you have a student account, you will not incur transaction fees on your account. There will also be no 'cross border handling fees' as you are withdrawing/ purchasing in Euro and not a foreign currency. 

The daily ATM withdrawal limit at a Chipped ATM in Spain is E500 and at a non-chipped ATM is E250.

For point of sale transactions, you can use up to the amount of available funds in your account. Any point of sale transactions do not affect your daily ATM withdrawal limit. 

Thanks for placing the travel note on your account, this will be recorded within 24 hours of your notice online.

We hope the information helps, please feel free to get back in touch with any further queries.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Hi Alison,

Thanks for that, if you don't mind, could I ask if you can check my account to see if the travel note has been successfully added.

I am unable to view my inbox or sent items in the service desk. I can PM you my account details.

Kind Regards,
    Lee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Alison,

Thanks for that, if you don't mind, could I ask if you can check my account to see if the travel note has been successfully added.

I am unable to view my inbox or sent items in the service desk. I can PM you my account details.

Kind Regards,
    Lee.
    Hi Lee

Thanks for coming back to us.

Sorry, we have no account access here to check it for you. 

If you call 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000 a colleague can look into why the inbox is not displaying for you online when logged in. They may suggest a different browser. Once you can access the Service Desk facility online, from the drop down you can choose the 'Ask A Question' and submit the query here. A colleague will be happy to check this for you. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to get back in touch. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement