Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charleville Half Marathon 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Erra, lad, leave off with the weather forecasts FFS. It's Cork in September. Not Dubai in July or Vladivostok in January. it'll be grand. And it's a Half!

Now Berlin marathon, that's been 30 degrees one or two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

[quote=ItzigerIt's Cork in September. [/quote]

So your saying it'll be cold, warm, dry, rainy, windy and calm (with a chance of hail) at some stage and possibly all at once?

Itziger wrote:
    It's Cork in September.

So you saying it'll be cold, warm, rainy, dry, windy and calm (with a chance of hail) at some stage and possibly all at once?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Precisely

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

Might sound like a dumb question but not a local..
    Is there plenty of parking nearby or should I factor in extra time etc?

• Advertisement

Might sound like a dumb question but not a local.. Is there plenty of parking nearby or should I factor in extra time etc?

There's loads of parking and it will be well stewarded. The farthest parking is about a 5 minute or so walk from registration. There's a big car park by the finish and next door near the industrial units.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Itziger wrote: »
    Erra, lad, leave off with the weather forecasts FFS. It's Cork in September. Not Dubai in July or Vladivostok in January. it'll be grand. And it's a Half!

Now Berlin marathon, that's been 30 degrees one or two years.

Ah stop with that! I don't need to be hearing that at this stage! :D

I've lost track of whose doing this on Sunday, so best of luck everyone. Hope it goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Great race again this year as usual from North Cork AC. Really enjoyed it and managed to have a decent ol run as well for a change:pac:. 1.27:13 to record my fastest half in 4 years and finally get back to threatening Pb's again. I probably should of beat it today if not for a few overenthuastic middle miles that bit back in the last 5k. unofficial 10 mile PB of 64:52 en route. Roll on Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Turned out to be perfect weather for the race today. Excellent organisation and atmosphere.

Finally did myself justice and reduced my PB from 1:36:30 to 1:31:30ish. Tried for 1:30 pace the first mile but could feel it wasn't sustainable so went for plan B and ran a comfortable 1:32 pace.

Great feed in the hall afterwards.
    Onwards to Dublin...

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Advertisement

What a day. The weather was perfect and everything just clicked into place. My goal was 1:30:00. I reduced my PB from 1:31:55 to 1:26:37 (chip time) with unofficial 10k and 10 mile PBs on the way. I went out a bit fast but it felt comfortable so I just stuck with it and pushed on a bit from Kilmallock on. I'm over the moon. I honestly can't believe I just did that!! Full report to follow in my log. Superbly organised race again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

What a day. The weather was perfect and everything just clicked into place. My goal was 1:30:00. I reduced my PB from 1:31:55 to 1:26:37 (chip time) with unofficial 10k and 10 mile PBs on the way. I went out a bit fast but it felt comfortable so I just stuck with it and pushed on a bit from Kilmallock on. I'm over the moon. I honestly can't believe I just did that!! Full report to follow in my log. Superbly organised race again.

Jaysis, fair play. that's some scalp to take off your PB. You must've passed me in the last mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

Great day and great race. Fair play to them very enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mrmoonlight

Great race that was well organised. Planned to do it in 1:45 did it in 1:40! Delighted first half marathon done and dusted

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭An_Reathai

Fantastically organised race + perfect conditions = 241 runners sub-90 mins...

https://www.sportsplits.com/home/results?c=74&r=338&e=1

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Great race and the weather ended up being perfect, Got my PB down from 1.36.55 down to 1.33.45. So a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Great race. Really nice to run in perfect conditions and temperature after a summer were every race I entered seemed to be a hot day!!

Not wanting to criticise any aspect of what is probably in my top 3 races- but I did think the pacers were a little over excited!
    The 1:30 pacers anyway- they seemed to go out hard and ease off, both of them positive split the course, one by 1 min the other by 2 (missing the sub 1:30) I tried to keep up with them but left them off when the 1st mile was in 6:38 (It was a downhill mile I know) and they were still pulling away. There wasn't many left with them at the end.
    Anyway, as I said I'm not complaining- I know they do it for no reward and it is great to have them, but it just proves that sometimes it's best to run your own race.
    Some standard of runners there, you break 1:30 and theres hundreds of finishers milling around!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

An_Reathai wrote: »
    Fantastically organised race + perfect conditions = 241 runners sub-90 mins...

https://www.sportsplits.com/home/results?c=74&r=338&e=1

66 under 80, very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

Great event yet again, fair play to North Cork AC! Don't think the extra numbers made it more congested or anything either.

Advertisement