Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any NES or SNES gamers here?

Options
  • 17-05-2017 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey guys/girls. I am new to the Board and I wondered if there were still any NES or SNES (or megadrive for that matter) players still around? I am up in Sligo. Wanted to say hello!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I would say most people here owned or still own most of these systems, the Nes was and still is the best of its generation and redefined gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EIght0Gaming

Awesome. Thanks! I am a big fan of all things 80s/90s gaming. Anyone else in my area? North West?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Dublin/Kildare mainly Snes for me :)

Welcome to the A&R board

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I really want to get a SNES, but will make do with a Raspberry Pi in the meantime.

I'm based in Tubbercurry BTW

Awesome. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Old school gamer here too,currently reliving my youth through the Nes mini.

Just down the road so. Nice to meet ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

the Nes was and still is the best of its generation and redefined gaming.

Mastersystem owners may argue this point... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Mastersystem owners may argue this point... :D

They may,but they would be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hey guys/girls. I am new to the Board and I wondered if there were still any NES or SNES (or megadrive for that matter) players still around? I am up in Sligo. Wanted to say hello!

Well, you're in the right place!
    Most of the regulars here have multiple consoles of the types you mention.
    From Megadrives to Super Nintendos, from Famicoms to PC Engines.
    And we love them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My god there's others in Sligo other than me!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

Had nes and send was to young and stupid to enjoy the nes think I picked terrible games to get but the snes what a master piece from graphics in donkey Kong and killer instinct that would give 1st gen ps1 games a run for there money may have rose tinted glasses on lol and some of the game play would still be top notch to this day

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Here we go wrote: »
    Had nes and send was to young and stupid to enjoy the nes think I picked terrible games to get but the snes what a master piece from graphics in donkey Kong and killer instinct that would give 1st gen ps1 games a run for there money may have rose tinted glasses on lol and some of the game play would still be top notch to this day

You might want to drop a bit of punctuation in there!

And, of course....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭Sono

Getting married next week and just had NES cufflinks delivered for me and the brother, absolutely loved this console. A top top gaming system!

This is so very cool. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Hope to see you all around the way soon enough. Cheers!

This is so very cool. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Hope to see you all around the way soon enough. Cheers!

Well, there's a get together upcoming in my house, all the way down in Co. Dublin, you're more than welcome, just check the Beers thread!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, there's a get together upcoming in my house, all the way down in Co. Dublin, you're more than welcome, just check the Beers thread!

Awesome! Keep me posted. Cheers!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Fan of both but will always show love forthe Megadrive too...

smurf492 wrote: »
    Fan of both but will always show love forthe Megadrive too...

Sonic was pretty wild.

Advertisement