Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher - Netflix **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I think netflix is known for juicing their viewing figures so hard to judge this against even their old shows so hard to know how it will last. I agree with mosto f the posts that episode 8 was disappointing, that the casting of Yen and Geralt was good, Triss not so good and Ciri, promising. Tbh There is no real fantasy type show competitor at the moment to compare it against til the wheel of time and lord of the rings shows come put.

What I heard of their new syste is that if someone watches the program for about two minutes its recorderd as a view :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Is this all an act or is he really into the witcher?
    if it's an act, he's really going for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,358 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Slydice wrote: »
    Is this all an act or is he really into the witcher?
    if it's an act, he's really going for it..

Have you never heard what a gamer he is?

noodler wrote: »
    Have you never heard what a gamer he is?

I have not. If it was mentioned here already I must have skipped past it.

On a quick search.. wow, not just a gamer but a PC gamer!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Ya apparently Cavill was a huge Witcher fan before any of this, so when he heard it was being made he insisted on ringing them up and asking to be involved!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There's something extra endearing about knowing that despite being a successful, handsome Hollywood actor, Cavill is just as much a goofy dork as the rest of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Slydice wrote: »
    I have not. If it was mentioned here already I must have skipped past it.

On a quick search.. wow, not just a gamer but a PC gamer!

The man is an absolute gaming geek, apparently obsessed with the Total War series and missed a call back offering him the role of Superman because he was playing Warcraft.

Frankly I don't know how he finds the time in the day.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Frankly I don't know how he finds the time in the day.

I assume he says Hmmmm and **** quite a bit then! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

So I just finished the season, it's....fine. Just about. Can't understand the rave reviews and massive ratings. A 5/10 for me at best, last few episodes were incomparably better than the first few though which were awful and completely inconsistent in quality.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Homelander wrote: »
    So I just finished the season, it's....fine. Just about. Can't understand the rave reviews and massive ratings. A 5/10 for me at best, last few episodes were incomparably better than the first few though which were awful and completely inconsistent in quality.

It’s because it’s based on books that one of the best games of the last decade is also based on. Since direct adaptations of games are usually utter muck and this is at least halfway decent it’s gets extra praise. Personally I really enjoyed it and I’m willing to ignore all of the issues because all of them can be fixed in future seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The almost inevitable remix of the Intros into something more ... 1990s, Hercules / Xena style...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,608 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

What do people think of this? I'm still on the books.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

See pages 1 through 29 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I really enjoyed it.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The time hopping made the whole thing a bit boring and hard to watch, I hope S2 uses more conventional storytelling because theres potential there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've no doubt the show will be a lot more focused going forward. EVerything is caught up, and I'd imagine the future is how the whole Ciri/Geralt thing plays out, with plenty of flashbacks I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭recyclops

Kim bodnia is announced to be playing vesemir. Fantastic casting from the show.

Excellent in the bridge and killing eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Skerries wrote: »
    s21zuzmjdxm41.jpg

This and pretty much all filming I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Skerries wrote: »
    s21zuzmjdxm41.jpg

Netflix will conduct a deep clean of The Witcher set and advised staff to quarantine themselves after actor Kristofer Hivju revealed on Instagram he has tested positive for coronavirus - Deadline

**** just got real

Surely there's a concoction or potion for that?

All together now, in your best Geralt voice...

Fúck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Netflix has ordered The Witcher: Blood Origin, a six-part, live-action series that will serve as a prequel to the streaming service’s The Witcher series.

Set in an elven world 1200 years before the world of The Witcher, Blood Origin will “tell a story lost to time — the origin of the very first Witcher, and the events that lead to the pivotal ‘conjunction of the spheres,’ when the worlds of monsters, men, and elves merged to become one.”

https://tvline.com/2020/07/27/the-witcher-prequel-series-netflix/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If there's one thing The Witcher franchise doesn't need after Season 1, it's another timeline being introduced.

I read somewhere that even the books don't cover the Conjunction. If so, it better be really good or fans of the books will not be impressed (even more). Big gamble, and I feel like they're only doing this because non-book/game people can understand the world more. However, I'm hopeful it will be good, something akin to Spartacus: God of the Arena where the prequel was just as good as the main series. They did a good job of the first season imo, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Remind me, must watch Spartacus again, been a while. Anyone know which streaming service has them (if any, Google is not helping me, and the Starz website seems to only have the final season).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I read somewhere that even the books don't cover the Conjunction. If so, it better be really good or fans of the books will not be impressed (even more).
    Fans of the book likely make up only a tiny percentage of the viewers and won't matter hugely to Netflix. I suspect the games fans are bigger and not too sure they'd be of a big concern either now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭Penn

When does Geralt start playing Gwent? That's what I'm waiting for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

Penn wrote: »
    When does Geralt start playing Gwent? That's what I'm waiting for.

Gwent?

*Unenthusiastically nods head*

Gets pwned.

Advertisement