Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strong feelings for a guy that I need to get over

• 17-05-2017 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have been friends with a girl for a few years, we met at college and still stay in touch as there were only a small number of us in our course. One of the other people in our course was a guy that I had a very strong attraction towards from the second I saw him - as I got to know him and became friends, the feelings only got stronger. He flirted with me a good bit - but I do not believe he was attracted to me. Pretty naive of me, but I always thought someday it would happen.

We're finished college now, but I stay in touch and meet up with a few of the people quite regularly. I learned a few weeks ago that the two people mentioned above are now in a relationship. It made me realise just how hung up I have been on this guy for years. Constantly thinking about him, how I good I feel when he texts me, how happy I am when I am with him. I have never in my life had feelings this strong towards another guy - including ones I have been in relationships with.

I don't know how to forget about him in that way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Cat04 wrote: »
    I have been friends with a girl for a few years, we met at college and still stay in touch as there were only a small number of us in our course. One of the other people in our course was a guy that I had a very strong attraction towards from the second I saw him - as I got to know him and became friends, the feelings only got stronger. He flirted with me a good bit - but I do not believe he was attracted to me. Pretty naive of me, but I always thought someday it would happen.

We're finished college now, but I stay in touch and meet up with a few of the people quite regularly. I learned a few weeks ago that the two people mentioned above are now in a relationship. It made me realise just how hung up I have been on this guy for years. Constantly thinking about him, how I good I feel when he texts me, how happy I am when I am with him. I have never in my life had feelings this strong towards another guy - including ones I have been in relationships with.

I don't know how to forget about him in that way?

You'll have to stop the friendship with him unfortunately, you can't forget about someone when you're in contact.
    It will be a bit difficult to explain why you're suddenly cutting contact when he has no idea you like him but for your own sake, just do it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭RagsOBrien

BetsyEllen wrote: »
    You'll have to stop the friendship with him unfortunately, you can't forget about someone when you're in contact.
    It will be a bit difficult to explain why you're suddenly cutting contact when he has no idea you like him but for your own sake, just do it anyway.

I agree- the only way you wil get over it, espeically if it has been years. It is holding you back from meeting someone else romantically. I had to this recently actually- cut contact with a friend and been little to zero since as I have avoided her altogther. It's been 3 months and still not over it but getting there...the best thing to do is- go out, take up a new hobby, join the gym, go on dates with other people. It does get easier and gove it 6 months-1 year...you'll feel differently. Trust me on this ( :

Advertisement