Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workwear outlet around Blackrock area

Options
  • 17-05-2017 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭

I need to get non-slip safety shoes for a job in a hotel kitchen. Would there be any such place in or around walking distance of Blackrock? I don't know the area. Plenty of places online but I want to try before I buy. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Can't think of any, but just wanted to say I think amazon.co.uk do free returns on some footwear.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Free-Returns/b/ref=sv_top_ap_arrow_6?_encoding=UTF8&node=10913040031

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

http://www.deegansafety.ie/contact-us.9.html - Glenageary

https://www.mjscannell.ie/ - Stillorgan Ind. Park

Think these would be nearest to Blackrock

21/25

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Try Bowen Electrical in Blackrock, (01) 288 6665, I'm sure I've seen some safety clothing in their shop, be worth talking to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Cheers for the suggestions. I'll get on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Catering supply companies may be worth trying as well, they typically supply workwear (for chefs, waiters etc.) as well as crockery and kitchen equipment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There's a Snickers store just down from Mount Street bridge, a short dart ride.

OP is looking for non-slip shoes for use in a hotel kitchen.

Most of the recommendations here are for places that might stock boots or shoes with steel toecaps which is not what he wants.

coylemj wrote: »
    OP is looking for non-slip shoes for use in a hotel kitchen.

Most of the recommendations here are for places that might stock boots or shoes with steel toecaps which is not what he wants.

The OP actually says "I need to get non-slip safety shoes" which means steel capped shoes with non slip sole

21/25

uch wrote: »
    The OP actually says "I need to get non-slip safety shoes" which means steel capped shoes with non slip sole

So why he click on the 'thank this post' button under my post and did not correct what I said?

OP..... do you require steel-capped toes?

coylemj wrote: »
    So why he click on the 'thank this post' button under my post and did not correct what I said?

Who cares, we can only answer what we are asked, like I said, non slip safety shoes are steel capped with a non slip sole, which is what most here recommended to the OP

21/25

• Advertisement
Advertisement