Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Share Wicklow

Options
  • 17-05-2017 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm starting a permanent job in turlough hill hydro station in September 2017 and am looking for accommodation in the region. I'd be hoping to just rent a room in a house within a half hour drive of the station. It is quite near glendalough so I wonder would there be suitable accommodation there.
    Does anyone know of any places that would be suitable?
    Or what would be the best way to find a suitable place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Just had a look at house shares on daft and Wicklow Town looks like the best option. Plenty of options to pick from (11 at the moment) .
    Its close to the n11 so easy access to Dublin and straight forward access to Glendalough.
    Expect to pay circa 450 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 civileng17

Thanks for response Boaty.

450 seems a lot for wicklow, I was paying 335 p/m in galway city for very nice house.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

You could try over towards Blessington, Hollywood, and Ballymore Eustace

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You might find something in Laragh, Roundwood or Rathdrum to the east, or as the poster above mentioned over on the west side of the gap in Hollywood, Blessington etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

civileng17 wrote: »
    Thanks for response Boaty.

450 seems a lot for wicklow, I was paying 335 p/m in galway city for very nice house.

450 would include bills, you could get all in for as low as 400 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Donard? 1 room in a house for 400 p/m on daft.ie. Might be a bit too far out and it's on the west of wicklow. Lovely village though and very quiet - which is a good or bad thing depending on the person.

Advertisement