Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arklow - Virgin Media

Options
  • 17-05-2017 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Seen them digging up the roads in the town the last two nights. Looks like another option for broadband will be here soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sneakers12

My house had a fibre optic cable attached by Virgin in May but when I rang Virgin they say that no service is available in my area in Arklow. Says it will be some this year but no exact date given.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dead_battery

end of August it will go live, according to customer service when I called them last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

end of August it will go live, according to customer service when I called them last week!

,.....was told OCT 31st for our address when I rang y'day,.....was quoted €55 for the equivalent €90 sky packageðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Has anyone heard anything further on broadband in Arklow?

Just bought a house there and only starting to realise it may be an issue! What do most people use for BB there?

GEO147 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything further on broadband in Arklow?

Just bought a house there and only starting to realise it may be an issue! What do most people use for BB there?
    SKY for B.B.& TV HERE!

• Advertisement

sandyxxx wrote: »
    SKY for B.B.& TV HERE!

Sky said my house wasn't coming up on their system. Meadowvale

Sky said my house wasn't coming up on their system. Meadowvale

Speak to the outlet in bridgewater,they know they exist,sure 4/5 houses in meadowvale have Sky dishes,.....

Speak to the outlet in bridgewater,they know they exist,sure 4/5 houses in meadowvale have Sky dishes,.....

That doesn't mean they have Sky BB, just proves they have the TV. I'm checking on Eir and website says neighbour 2 doors down can get 70mb, but my house can only get 3mb. Another house 7 doors other side can get 100mb. Joke of a site! But id be happy with 100mb for sure!!

Good idea re bridgewater thanks

That doesn't mean they have Sky BB, just proves they have the TV. I'm checking on Eir and website says neighbour 2 doors down can get 70mb, but my house can only get 3mb. Another house 7 doors other side can get 100mb. Joke of a site! But id be happy with 100mb for sure!!

Oh yeah,was only thinking of tv!
    The established part of the estate has had fibre over the the last yr/18 months,......mustn’t yet have made its way down to the rise or into knockmore

Oh yeah,was only thinking of tv!
    The established part of the estate has had fibre over the the last yr/18 months,......mustn’t yet have made its way down to the rise or into knockmore

How you know I was in the rise?? Should be a detective !! Ha

But like I say on Eir site house 2 to my left gets 100mb, a few to the right gets 70 which is closer to the eir cabinet! I must be able to get something in between?!

• Advertisement

How you know I was in the rise?? Should be a detective !! Ha

But like I say on Eir site house 2 to my left gets 100mb, a few to the right gets 70 which is closer to the eir cabinet! I must be able to get something in between?!

Wasn’t hard to figure,new to the estate etc! Fibre will probably make its way down to ya sometime.....won’t be holding out for Virgin,recently renewed with sky ourselves!

Wasn’t hard to figure,new to the estate etc! Fibre will probably make its way down to ya sometime.....won’t be holding out for Virgin,recently renewed with sky ourselves!

Eir confirmed fibre available today. But line needs to get connected to house before they can advise on speeds. ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 6 WewJad

Anyone managed to get Virgin Media Broadband in Arklow?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 thomas.oleary

WewJad wrote: »
    Anyone managed to get Virgin Media Broadband in Arklow?

You can check on the website, I've checked north and south Arklow and nothing, nothing in Wicklow town either.

I've checked a few addresses in Greystones and I get redirected to a page that asks for my details and a sales agent will call when it's ready. I would presume that means it's almost ready in Greystones. Be another 6 months I'd say before it hits Arklow.

But I have seen after all the latest roadworks the Virgin Media branded manhole cover, so it's here but they just haven't pushed it down to us yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

I’m pretty sure my brother has had Virgin installed for a couple of months in his home. He lives at the bottom of Arklow & raves about the speed.

Signed up today,will be installed in 2 -3 working days......€54pm,for 12 months,....big savings on sky but unsure of how the interface will compare to that of Sky’s!

*UPDATE*
    install date issued not until the middle of October despite being sold otherwise,.....lingering doubt creeping in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Signed up today,will be installed in 2 -3 working days......€54pm,for 12 months,....big savings on sky but unsure of how the interface will compare to that of Sky’s!

*UPDATE*
    install date issued not until the middle of October despite being sold otherwise,.....lingering doubt creeping in.
    I think the fact they need to actually bring the cable from the road to your house and install will take ages even if 200 people signed up, they where at my door last night trying to entice me.
    There broadband is fantastic tv is ok seems like a fantastic offer i was paying €85 two years ago for the same package i can guarantee price will increase after 12 months

Advertisement