Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Currency Conversation Rates & Fraud

Options
  • 17-05-2017 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

My friend was recently holidaying in the UK, while she was there her card was skimmed and fraudulent transactions were made. 

Thankfully, she was refunded for these charges. However, BOI said they were unable to refund her for the bank currency conversation rates.

I understand you're unable to comment on an individuals BOI account issue but I'm eager to know your policy regarding fraudulent transactions and the reimbursement of bank currency conversation rates.

Any information you can provide would definitely relieve my current concerns. 

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi guys,

My friend was recently holidaying in the UK, while she was there her card was skimmed and fraudulent transactions were made. 

Thankfully, she was refunded for these charges. However, BOI said they were unable to refund her for the bank currency conversation rates.

I understand you're unable to comment on an individuals BOI account issue but I'm eager to know your policy regarding fraudulent transactions and the reimbursement of bank currency conversation rates.

Any information you can provide would definitely relieve my current concerns. 

Thanks!
    Hi GenoGennery

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear your friend was a recent victim of fraud. 

As all Fraud cases are dealt with individually and different factors can be taken into account, we would recommend your friend to take a look at our Complaints Process here It's difficult to give a direct answer to the query. If they wish to raise an official complaint, our Complaints Team will fully investigate the transactions and charges.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement