Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing BOI accounts and refund of cheque stamp duty

Options
  • 17-05-2017 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Following months of farsical lack of customer service (while attempting to request a new product) I was left with no choice but to move both my personal and business acounts to another banking institue.

That said I'm now closing all my four BOI accounts. Please could you confirm the situation with the refund of stamp duty on unused cheques (both personal and business), what value given to each one and what is the normal mode of refund?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

raouls wrote: »
    Following months of farsical lack of customer service (while attempting to request a new product) I was left with no choice but to move both my personal and business acounts to another banking institue.

That said I'm now closing all my four BOI accounts. Please could you confirm the situation with the refund of stamp duty on unused cheques (both personal and business), what value given to each one and what is the normal mode of refund?

Thank you in advance.
    Hi raouls

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We're very sorry to hear you are unhappy with the customer service you have received. Could we help you here perhaps? If you would like to send us a Private Message with further detail relating to the service/ product, we'd be happy to look into this for you. 

In relation to the refund of unused cheques, if the Stamp Duty has been paid in advance on your 4 accounts, you can return the full/partial unused cheques to the Branch by post(accompanied with a letter) or by visiting a nearby Branch. The refund can be put back into the account if the account has yet to be closed or can be refunded in cash to you - 50 cents per cheque if chequebook issued after October 2008.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 29 raouls

Thank you in advance.
    Hi raouls

We're very sorry to hear you are unhappy with the customer service you have received. Could we help you here perhaps? If you would like to send us a Private Message with further detail relating to the service/ product, we'd be happy to look into this for you. 

In relation to the refund of unused cheques, if the Stamp Duty has been paid in advance on your 4 accounts, you can return the full/partial unused cheques to the Branch by post(accompanied with a letter) or by visiting a nearby Branch. The refund can be put back into the account if the account has yet to be closed or can be refunded in cash to you - 50 cents per cheque if chequebook issued after October 2008.

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Thank you for your reply. What the situation with a chequebook that was issued before 2008?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Thank you in advance.
    Hi raouls

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Thank you for your reply. What the situation with a chequebook that was issued before 2008?
    Hi raouls,

Thanks for your reply. If it was issued before December 2007 the refund is 15 cent, while if it was issued between December 2007 and October 2008, the refund will be 30 cent per cheque.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement