Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swans Button Factory May 30 2017

Options
  • 17-05-2017 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Swans are going to play their final Irish concert in the button factory on Tuesday May 30. Tickets went on sale this afternoon through www.tickets.ie
    They are €25.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Their last gig here was excellent. I may pick one up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

final concert with the current line up. gira will continue to release music and tour under the swans moniker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The date for this pretty close. Will the buget stretch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 brains481

****e, I'm still 17, but it's over 18...

Hopefully I'll get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Sickened, I'm going to be away for this. Saw them in the Button Factory a few years ago, mind was blown by them (and hearing too!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Swans stage times: Tuesday.
    6:30pm: Doors
    7:15pm: Little Annie
    8:30pm: Swans

Punishing, even ear plugs in. I laughed twice at the sheer force of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I also found myself laughing once or twice at just how loud it was. Immense stuff, but sure, who would have expected any different?

It was a privilege to see the band in action. Getting to say thanks to Michael Gira afterwards was great. I fully expected him to be terrifying, but he seemed quite nice! A lot of thanks to U: Mack; always putting on quality shows those guys.

Loved pretty much all of it: the slow builds, the walls of noise and some of the rhythmic sections they got going were out of this world. It's curious that even though they are argubly at their best when they are trying to burst your ear drums, when the music changes to an extended sequence of them working out a groove that'll make you move there isn't many, maybe any, that can match them. Such an amazing band.

The newer material from The Glowing Man sounded great. The faster sections, like parts of the title track, just had that extra bit of grit and tightness that isn't on the record. I really loved how they tried to wring every bit of sound out of some of the songs.

It's hard to take your eyes off Michael Gira on stage. I had a fairly good vantage point of him calling all the shots and conducting the other band members - hands flailing about like a mad conductor. There was some high comedy early in the gig, when he wasn't pleased with the sound from his mic and I could feel the heat from his eyes on the guy who was trying to fix the problem, especially when he couldn't fix the problem straight away....

• Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

rooted to the spot from start to finish, what a gig. I got a copy of the new tour CD Deliquescence too, sounds great and it's a good keepsake to remember the show

• Advertisement
Advertisement