Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple Accounts Package

Options
  • 17-05-2017 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been using Excel (Google Sheets) to manage my accounts / balance sheet for the last number of years.

- income with VAT breakdown on the left
    - expenses with VAT breakdown on the right
    - totals at the bottom

It works well for me, however I'm slightly concerned over how easy it is to update a cell in error with '10' vs '10000' without recognising it.

Can anyone recommend any software that provides the following:

- easy interface
    - handles Irish VAT system
    - export for backup
    - ability to duplicate line items (recurring expenses and income) so that when a recurring payment lands in my bank account, i can duplicate a previous record and update the date
    - add note to each line item

Additional Benefits
    - app
    - receipt management

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CatchingDreams

oo7 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been using Excel (Google Sheets) to manage my accounts / balance sheet for the last number of years.

- income with VAT breakdown on the left
    - expenses with VAT breakdown on the right
    - totals at the bottom

It works well for me, however I'm slightly concerned over how easy it is to update a cell in error with '10' vs '10000' without recognising it.

Can anyone recommend any software that provides the following:

- easy interface
    - handles Irish VAT system
    - export for backup
    - ability to duplicate line items (recurring expenses and income) so that when a recurring payment lands in my bank account, i can duplicate a previous record and update the date
    - add note to each line item

Additional Benefits
    - app
    - receipt management

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi I am just starting out in business but I have bullethq been playing around with it and it has everything you are looking for and its Irish and free

They have an apple app but are working on the Android version hope it gets up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'd be very wary about free software considering there must be some other way the developers generate revenue from it. Especially when dealing with something as sensitive as your accounts. Sage one do exactly what you describe and it's about 8 euro a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CatchingDreams

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'd be very wary about free software considering there must be some other way the developers generate revenue from it. Especially when dealing with something as sensitive as your accounts. Sage one do exactly what you describe and it's about 8 euro a month

It is free but if you want advanced invoices which enables PayPal payments or multiple invoice templates that's 9.99 a month. If you have staff it's something like 4 euro a month and 3 euro extra per employee so it's not entirely free but can be if you don't need extra features.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MFS2

We see a lot of clients using Sage and seem quite happy with it. There are other versions of software out there too. In my experience, the software is only as good as the person using it. By the sounds of it, you would be well able but make sure you are happy with training given for any package you take on.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

I'm very happy with Big Red Cloud. Irish based and they are great for support

• Advertisement
Advertisement