Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Original Xbox games coming to backwards compatible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Agree I've seen nothing to warrant buying a new console.

Holy ****!! Original xbox back compat :)

But that'll play fine on my original xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Original Xbox games coming to backwards compatible!

The future of games with gold! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

erkifino wrote: »
    The future of games with gold! :pac:

Ha, I had a good chuckle at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,474 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

XBOX One X Confirmed at $499. Surprised at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭irishchris

499!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Will we get it for 499 Euro ?

I wonder how 'red dead revolver' and 'black' hold up...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Anthem looks great, no hint of Bioware animation there. Is that Aisha Tylers voice?

Really hate the chat though.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Anthem looks great, no hint of Bioware animation there. Is that Aisha Tylers voice?
    Wonder how much they're paying marvel in royalties for use of the ironman suit. Does look good though.

• Advertisement

Just looked at the e3 thread in general gaming. People giving out about original bc. Wasnt that a whole debate of pc vs console? 'at least I can play any pc game on my new rig'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭irishchris

qrx wrote: »
    Wonder how much they're paying marvel in royalties for use of the ironman suit.

Lol I thought the same thing when I saw him flying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Division Mark 2, not a fan

erkifino wrote: »
    Just looked at the e3 thread in general gaming. People giving out about original bc. Wasnt that a whole debate of pc vs console? 'at least I can play any pc game on my new rig'.
    Eh? Whats to give out about?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Meh. Nothing there that makes me want to shell out 500.

qrx wrote: »
    Eh? Whats to give out about?

15 year old games yadda, yadda, yadda...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Great browse through this thread to view the post I posted while watching e3 and my post wasn't here so had a look around and posted it in the soccer forum. My post had nothing to do with soccer everyone must have been like what the hell is this guy on. But then again I am a mentally insane user posting from a Insane Asylum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Now. Where is our free Mixer **** lol

Now. Where is our free Mixer **** lol

Think it's at the end of the week. Also, anyone that watches one of the Xbox Daily shows will get it as well.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Meh. Nothing there that makes me want to shell out 500.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I will, but there's nothing there that screams instant upgrade.

Games wise, there was a bunch there that I was interested in, so I was happy with the content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

well I'm sold be pre ordering during the week

Its called the xbox one x because x gon give it to ya :pac:

Official anthem! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Excuse my ignorance but is this the new xbox next gen console or is it just xbox one with better specs??

Another disappointing offering from MS. A few interesting looking titles but given that all the exclusives will be on PC and the multiplatform titles will play better on a standard PS4, the One it just looks like the final nails are being hammered in.

I'm sure Scorpio will be a fine piece of kit but for anyone with a half decent gaming PC it looks redundant and given how few exclusives there are it's fighting a losing battle. Shame as I hoping they would do something big but honestly, the ability to play almost 20 year old have isn't it. Be fun to revisit some older titles but I have and Xbox already and can play them on that.

People always make a huge deal about backward comparability but time and again it's been down that people Will demand it and cheer for it but then never user it. I think the figure for Xbox 360 backward compatibility usage works out at an average of 30 minutes per console sold.

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but is this the new xbox next gen console or is it just xbox one with better specs??

It's Xbox One with much, much better specs.

Cotts72 wrote: »

The same as PRO. They're trying to do away with generations.

So, it would have been the next gen but it is/isn't.

Backwards compatibility from here on out hopefully. Same as buying a new better phone every 2-3 years. It will still play all the same apps.

That's the idea anyway.

SO whats in the Mixpot?

I'm sure Scorpio will be a fine piece of kit but for anyone with a half decent gaming PC it looks redundant and given how few exclusives there are it's fighting a losing battle.

A half decent PC that can do 4K for $500?

There was a bunch of console exclusives in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Another disappointing offering from MS. A few interesting looking titles but given that all the exclusives will be on PC and the multiplatform titles will play better on a standard PS4, the One it just looks like the final nails are being hammered in.

People always make a huge deal about backward comparability but time and again it's been down that people Will demand it and cheer for it but then never user it. I think the figure for Xbox 360 backward compatibility usage works out at an average of 30 minutes per console sold.

Well to be honest games will play and look the best on the new X not PS4.

Also re Xbox back compatibility MS would not spend time creating them if they weren't being played you were just reading the Sony guys saying they will not do it as nobody plays them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

CatInABox wrote: »
    A half decent PC that can do 4K for $500?

There was a bunch of console exclusives in there too.

not a chance

Advertisement