Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Is it? No way?

Ok....

I guess it's all those vids I watch on YouTube on PC must be 60+

Thanks lads :)

Nope, YouTube videos only go up to 60 AFAIK

A trip to specsavers could be on the cards...

(joke!)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Thanks for that!
    Hoping for 60fps on Overwatch

Overwatch is already 60fps on console.

A lot of the YouTube guys play on PC and most will have an FPS count top left which is usually running over 100fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Fieldog wrote:
    A trip to specsavers could be on the cards...
    Nope, YouTube videos only go up to 60 AFAIK
    (joke!)

Ok, now I'm lost...

When I watch Rag Tagg's or Your Overwatch's vids on YouTube, the framerate looks way higher than playing on my XB1s

I am getting old ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

emmetkenny wrote:
    A lot of the YouTube guys play on PC and most will have an FPS count top left which is usually running over 100fps.
    Yeah, I had noticed that actually in hindsight.
    Like I said, getting old... 😯

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

That the biggest cheer of the entire night for MS was the announcement of "original Xbox games on your $500 console" says all you need.

Ah now it makes sense, you missed the start. You should watch back on it, they just launched the most powerful console on the market. I sh!t you not!

Joking aside, there is plenty of criticism on here about Microsoft. I'll put my hand up and admit I'm probably one of the biggest critics of them. But credit where credit is due. MS can't make all the games. It's up to developers to get on board now and support the xbox ecosystem.

• Advertisement

It says they gave their fans what they want.

Over at PlayStation they have taken to stating no one wants to play older games while slyly remaking older games to sell to people who already own the game and lets not forget PS Now, PlayStation's paid subscription answer to backward compatibility.

Black Ops 2 outsold Horizon Zero Dawn in April. So there is massive demand there.

A $500 4k console for playing multiplatofrms titles and exclusives is incredible value. This cannot even be replicated on PC.

Then for every Xbox One & X there is:
    • Game Pass.
    • EA Access.
    • 2 gens of FREE backward compatibility.
    • The first stop for popular PC games being ported to console. ARK and now Playbattlegrounds which will be getting 4K support on the X.
    • Mixer for streaming - No lag streaming is seriously impressive.

The Xbox is a serious bit of kit for every gamer.

I can't see why anyone can't have the best of both worlds now that the PS4 & XB1S can be purchased for 200 each when on sale.
    This is a very good point. Never thought of that.

Also very impressed with mixer. Smooth as butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

One thing I noticed about Battlegrounds, was that (to my eyes) it looked better than it does when you're watching people stream it. I wonder is this down to things like PC players turning off foliage etc?

this is a big plus point that gets overlooked when talking about consoles - by and large, the playing field is level for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Have to say, the console looks great and I think it will do well. It's the MS exclusives that rule out a purchase for me. Sony ones appeal to me much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

No. A few minutes after the stream Mixer just notified me i got it.

Just checked Mixer too

1ifVGrH.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

PC version is still in development to my knowledge. Early access. Nothing turned off on my end on PC.

you're picking me up wrong, people on PC are turning down graphical settings such as foliage density to get a smoother framerate / tactical advantage.

• Advertisement

PC version is still in development to my knowledge. Early access. Nothing turned off on my end on PC.

you're picking me up wrong, people on PC are turning down graphical settings such as foliage density to get a smoother framerate / tactical advantage.
    I wonder can you dial down the settings on the 1x? Actually come to think of it we know nothing about how the dual support will be implemented, or do we?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There was an advantage to setting foliage to low but they patched that a few weeks back. Some people were also going into the ini files and turning off shadows.

I didn't link my mixer account before the conference last night but I can still do it and watch the Xbox daily show during the week for free stuff.

So I just went to the mixer website, clicked on "sign in with my Microsoft account" and when I went to my account it had "unlink my Microsoft account" and not "link my Microsoft account" so I presume that's all I had to do was sign in with my ms account and I'm now linked??

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Exploded parts view.

Oqj5GaH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I've thought about the X a lot today - going backwards and forth between loving it/needing it now and brushing it aside thinking I'll be grand with my launch day One.

I think I'm in the LOVING IT camp now.

When I watched the stream on Mixer last night, void of any internet chatter, I found myself grinning from ear to ear like a child watching The Toy Show.

It was only when it was over and I checked various reports etc that my frown started to turn upside down and I think that was only because I felt it needed to.

Screw chatter! I'm all over this!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I didn't link my mixer account before the conference last night but I can still do it and watch the Xbox daily show during the week for free stuff.

So I just went to the mixer website, clicked on "sign in with my Microsoft account" and when I went to my account it had "unlink my Microsoft account" and not "link my Microsoft account" so I presume that's all I had to do was sign in with my ms account and I'm now linked??

Any sage advice lads. I'm in the same boat. Watched through the One last night thinking that's enough. Signed into mixer and have the option to unlink my Microsoft account?

edit: Log into mixer using xbox details. Change mixer password, unlink account. Log out. Log in in. Link Account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Shred

I launched Mixer on the One this evening and it gave me a "you must be logged into your xbox live account..." message. I went to mixer.com through a browser, clicked 'sign up' selected 'microsoft acount' entered my xbox credentials and managed to login. From there if I view my account details it says "unlink microsoft account" and I can see my xbox username, yet when I go back and launch the app on the One it still gives me the same error :mad: I've re-booted 'n' all. Why the hell is it so hard to login to an app MS are going out of their way to coax people to use ffs?!

Edit - I hard reset the One and I was logged into mixer when I launched it - it really shouldn't be that difficult.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

No idea what's going wrong for people, but I'm pretty sure that you've got the full week to figure it out.

Personally, I went through the website, and signed in with my Microsoft account.

I watched on this channel: https://mixer.com/Xbox

Hope you guys get it sorted.

CatInABox wrote: »
    No idea what's going wrong for people, but I'm pretty sure that you've got the full week to figure it out.

Personally, I went through the website, and signed in with my Microsoft account.

Was your account linked once you signed in on the website or did you have to link it in my account?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Was your account linked once you signed in on the website or did you have to link it in my account?

Cheers

I'll be honest, I don't remember. I signed up back when it was Beam, and never really went back to it until E3, so I can't even help you there! Sorry!

Xbox Daily is on now if anyone wanted to jump on this and try again.

They've shown Crackdown 3, which looked good, it looked like Crackdown, which is good. Looking forward to seeing more, but it didn't show anymore destruction or anything like that.

They've also shown a Halo Wars 2 expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

ARK will be 4K 60 FPS using ultra graphics settings on the One X.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Watched the whole thing. Nothing happened. Will try again tonight.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ARK will be 4K 60 FPS using ultra graphics settings on the One X.

Wat, it ran like a dog the last time I played it, would still regularly drop below 20 possibly even 10 fps in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Here's the Crackdown 3 gameplay shown yesterday, why did they show that awful trailer over this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

What time are these daily Xbox streams usually on? Is there a schedule anywhere?

• It looks great but I hope it's not all fighting robots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wat, it ran like a dog the last time I played it, would still regularly drop below 20 possibly even 10 fps in places.

It won't be. It will be a variable framerate hopping around all over the place most likely. He mentions variable framerate and 60fps target himself. I'd prefer a locked 30fps than an unstable one.

Still though, looks a good upgrade for future Xbox One X owners.

Advertisement