Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

9pm GMT sucks! Wife won't be interested in that and I will be gone home from work well before then.

Will still probably stream of sneakily. Looking forward to seeing the new hardware and getting my hands on it.

I cried reading your post.

I am pretty sure my testosterone dropped a few points too. Thanks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

E3 Hype Montage (Fan Made)

Just 10 days to go! :cool:

My guess is November 17th release date. 2nd last Friday of the month same as XB1. Also Battlefront 2's release date.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

A video detailing the Dev kit for Project Scorpio. I kinda like how open they are about this console, makes a nice change from the usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I think to show its part of the same gen it will be called Xbox One _______.

Your first suggestion might be correct. Xbox One X.

Xbox 2.

Guaranteed to confuse people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Microsoft trademarks mysterious S logo ahead of Xbox Project Scorpio unveiling

scorpiologorumor.0.jpg

maybe they are going to keep the scorpio name?

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/5/15742304/microsoft-xbox-project-scorpio-trademark-rumors

dunworth1 wrote:
    Microsoft trademarks mysterious S logo ahead of Xbox Project Scorpio unveiling

I really hope so.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    My guess is November 17th release date. 2nd last Friday of the month same as XB1. Also Battlefront 2's release date.

I am actually thinking late September.

A lot of things have pointed to Scorpio being ahead of schedule.

• All well and good with the Scorpio reveal.
    My concern is games and always has been for Xbox. Hoping they have a trick up there sleeve.
    Sony are ahead in my eyes as to the amount of top end exclusives they have to show seems to be substantial. TLOU2 alone is a killer app (hoping to see more of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    All well and good with the Scorpio reveal.
    My concern is games and always has been for Xbox. Hoping they have a trick up there sleeve.
    Sony are ahead in my eyes as to the amount of top end exclusives they have to show seems to be substantial. TLOU2 alone is a killer app (hoping to see more of it)

Have to agree. Very disappointed overall with the quality of games this console generation so far.

• Advertisement

I see the PS4 has a great console for single player exclusives.

For me the sweet spot is Scorpio with Xbox live/Games with Gold and a PS4 Slim with no PSN +.

It's crazy that as little as 7% of the Xbox & PS4 playerbase actually buy exclusives. That points to a big opportunity for Scorpio.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I am actually thinking late September.

A lot of things have pointed to Scorpio being ahead of schedule.

Dunno about being ahead of schedule. Didn't they already say holidays 2017?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Dunno about being ahead of schedule. Didn't they already say holidays 2017?

It is "ahead of schedule", but not so much as to change any release date meaningfully. What I gather is that it was easier for them to get to near final status than they expected, but that they still have their same plan in place for launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm still on the fence whether or not I buy the scorpio. I own a decent PC as is so I am not really pushed for better graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭irishchris

The more I think about it the more I reckon they are going to go with xbox 10 as the name of scorpio to tie in with the windows 10 family that they keep pushing of late. Maybe even Xbox 10S

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

irishchris wrote: »
    The more I think about it the more I reckon they are going to go with xbox 10 as the name of scorpio to tie in with the windows 10 family that they keep pushing of late. Maybe even Xbox 10S

i doubt that its the software that's based on windows 10 not the hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Earlier today, people were finding hints hidden in the latest teasers. Theres a line of text in there that could also mean the console releases October 13th 2017: X10S101317. Windows 10S was just unveiled a month ago and I posted here a few weeks ago an Xbox 10 is future-proofing against the inevitable PS5. Would be a shame to waste the Scorpio name. And to release it 10 days before the Zodiac sign starts. Astrologers will be up in arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

irishchris wrote: »
    It will likely be Xbox One <something> because they still have to show that it is part of the Xbox one family (a phrase they used multiple times through the year). It will have similar branding, but a bit more 'premium' feel to it.

Only a few days until we find out...

• Advertisement

It will likely be Xbox One <something> because they still have to show that it is part of the Xbox one family (a phrase they used multiple times through the year). It will have similar branding, but a bit more 'premium' feel to it.

Only a few days until we find out...

I'VE GOT IT!! It's the Xbox One s S!!!!

Wait.....

Something about SS is familiar.....

Something about baddies??? Hmmm.....

CatInABox wrote:

Shiit, now I want it to be called the SS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I want this guy to be the mascot!!

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiw397N2q3UAhXKLcAKHWgiBkEQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsimpsons.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FFile%3AHank_Scorpio_(Official_Image).PNG&psig=AFQjCNGBOUL4fHzKwBkYnuy2KYB7lK9Ypw&ust=1496992663516902

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

CatInABox wrote: »

Wait.....

Something about SS is familiar.....

Something about baddies??? Hmmm.....

To be fair though, the SS were very efficient at what they did so that could only bode well for the Xbox... right?...

To be fair though, the SS were very efficient at what they did so that could only bode well for the Xbox... right?...

Any time anyone mentions WW2 nowadays, all I can think of is this:

I've no interest in the new COD because that's what I'd be thinking of while playing it.

Good news. Devs now have 9GB to work with instead of 8GB.

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/872834422675873792

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Good news. Devs now have 9GB to work with instead of 8GB.

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/872834422675873792

I've often done the same with the ladies, instead of the standard 8, i'll unlock some extra and give them 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've often done the same with the ladies, instead of the standard 8, i'll unlock some extra and give them 9.

Don't you mean 4 and unleash 5 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Don't you mean 4 and unleash 5 :pac:
    Nine minus eight means he gave them one.

Advertisement