Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Microsoft just dropped the price of the Xbox One S to $199, ahead of the Scorpio reveal. Not sure if it's cross the Atlantic, but I'd say it will, makes no sense to not have it a global cut.

I'm revising my estimate of the Scorpio price after this as well, I think it'll be $400 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Being an unsociable baxtard it annoys me no end how much MS focus on MP. PS4 is much better for SP games. There, I said it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Being an unsociable baxtard it annoys me no end how much MS focus on MP. PS4 is much better for SP games. There, I said it :)

huh?

dunworth1 wrote: »
    huh?

I was referring to 'A Way Out'.

I was referring to 'A Way Out'.

a way out isn't a MS game

• Advertisement

a way out isn't a MS game

True, my apologies. But it does annoy me that MS seem to focus so much on MP games.

True, my apologies. But it does annoy me that MS seem to focus so much on MP games.

a huge part of xbox is the social aspect

which you are correct if you cat get peole to play it does hamper the experience greatly

which you are correct if you cat get peole to play it does hamper the experience greatly

Yeah, I get that. They should cater more for fans of SP games though. I gave up MP games a few years ago, got tired of listening to people abusing each other.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CatInABox wrote: »
    Microsoft just dropped the price of the Xbox One S to $199, ahead of the Scorpio reveal. Not sure if it's cross the Atlantic, but I'd say it will, makes no sense to not have it a global cut.

I'm revising my estimate of the Scorpio price after this as well, I think it'll be $400 now.

So apparently this is just a "sale", and not a permanent thing, but I'd be surprised if it came back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

So apparently this is just a "sale", and not a permanent thing, but I'd be surprised if it came back up.

I would think so. Its just a price drop to mirror Sony's one day sale price for PS4 Slim which was €200.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Yeah, I get that. They should cater more for fans of SP games though. I gave up MP games a few years ago, got tired of listening to people abusing each other.
    I'm the same. But then I contradict myself by saying what a fantastic game Titanfall is. I guess it depends on the game. Forza MP is the most awful experience I have ever had in my long life of video games. Most MP take hours of investment to be able to play at a level where you are not cannon fodder. If you can spare the time tben great. Im definitely in the minority but I just have to much going on to invest in it.

Really, really hoping we see some good SP this E3.

Some of my wild predictions.

Hitman IP to be acquired by Microsoft.

Season 1 of Hitman to be added to Game Pass library ASAP and season 2 to be released episodically on Game Pass.

Either Crysis 4 or Ryse 2 coming to Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Some of my wild predictions.

Hitman IP to be acquired by Microsoft.

Season 1 of Hitman to be added to Game Pass library ASAP and season 2 to be released episodically on Game Pass.

Either Crysis 4 or Ryse 2 coming to Xbox.

I'd love an Ori sequal. Other than that I'd be interested to see a new version of the Elite Controller (Bluetooth and improved bumpers).

Maybe a new IP?

Me watching the Xbox E3 conference later.

top-10-super-sneaky-super-spy-peeking-cats-L-mwNkvD.jpeg

Don't forget to link your GT to Mixer as Microsoft are giving out free stuff to those watching the stream tonight. Apparently it'll be games and DLC.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd love an Ori sequal.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/873762828062044160

It's rumoured already.

Ah didn't see that. The original was one of my favourite games in the last two/three years so would definitely like a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

More likely €499

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ah didn't see that. The original was one of my favourite games in the last two/three years so would definitely like a sequel.

Ah, I only saw that tweet an hour ago, so it's all recent!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    More likely €499

Yeah, if it's $499 as that rumour states, then it's €499. Disappointing, but then I was ready for anything from €399 to €499, so it's still okay for me.

What did we pay for the original xbone I forget, I was a day one's was it around 350

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Don't have a 4K tv. What's the appeal otherwise?

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    What did we pay for the original xbone I forget, I was a day one's was it around 350
    Was it not 499? Maybe with a game bundle. Actually, wonder will it be 499 bare bones meaning 550 with Fifa18? Don't see Santa packing many of those in his sack.

ECO_Mental wrote: »

Day 1 was €500 in 2013.

FutureGuy wrote: »

VR is what I want, can't justify a 4k tv to the missus but VR cool

Better performance (Frame rates). Better visuals. Even on a 1080p TV.

As of yet, none. Wait to see what E3 reveals. And it's not all about 4K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Good idea. I've a few of my own wild predictions. Some I've posted two months ago but I'll add here:

-Scorpio will have the same exact form factor as the current Xbox One S but this time, in black. Out October 13th for 499 with an Elite controller.

-It's called Xbox 10 to match Windows 10 (or 10S) and to sound better than the inevitable PS5. Same way they chose 360 instead of calling it Xbox 2 when competing with PS3.

-Halo 3 Anniversary or an upgraded Master Chief Collection including Halo 3 remastered and 5. That, or Guardians multiplayer becomes free to play.

-Crackdown 3, Forza 7, Shadow Of War, Sea Of Thieves and State Of Decay 2, Ori 2 to launch.

-Oculus Rift will work with Scorpio and the Oculus store becomes part of the Xbox store. Following the whole Xbox becoming a PC initiative.

-They'll release a kind of Chromecast dongle that allows streaming to different TVs in the house. Was rumoured last year but haven't heard anything since.

-Cuphead is out tonight

-New Perfect Dark announced

-1 vs 100 is back. Sony and Nintendo cancel their E3 shows because of this.

Other Scorpio name guesses: Xbox Infinite, Xbox Power, Xbox Scorpio King (The Mummy is so hot right now) in the shape of Dwayne Johnsons face.

Biggest prediction: People will be desperate to call a winner this E3 and fail to realise the winner in all of this is the gamer. We're spoilt for choice while some choose sides to validate their purchase and throw mud.

Advertisement