Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

1 vs 100 :eek:

Everybody loved that game. Is was fantastic. It would be amazing if they brought it back.

I think you could be onto something with the name "Xbox Infinite"

Hmmm, maybe Xbox One Infinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Don't have a 4K tv. What's the appeal otherwise?

Microsoft have confirmed 4k down sampling for those without a 4k screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

pcadhain wrote: »
    Biggest prediction: People will be desperate to call a winner this E3 and fail to realise the winner in all of this is the gamer. We're spoilt for choice while some choose sides to validate their purchase and throw mud.

I think alot of fan boys forget this. There are plenty of really good games on both PS and Xbox.

With the price drops in recent times it's the perfect opportunity to get in on the other system. I bought a PS4 before Christmas and I'm glad I did even if I've just played a handful of games on it, it was worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

qrx wrote: »
    As of yet, none. Wait to see what E3 reveals. And it's not all about 4K.
    Not true, using supersampling, it'll produce 4K and compress to 1080p so non 4k TV owners will get increased game resolution, steady framerates, better textures, better antialiasing etc

Link worth reading the benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Day 1 was €500 in 2013.

Day one was with Kinect too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I still think the Scorpio is the Xbox one replacement as the Xbox one is 4 years old this year and everything is pointing to the Scorpio being the replacement.

Also even if it's 500 euros that's not bad at all if it's really going to have that kind of horse power under it. You should see what we give the software dev as there work laptops in work your talking a 5 grand laptop. So if the Scorpio can run games at full 4k 500 euros is a bargin and a 1/2.

I won't to get one but Microsoft have allway's let me down when it comes to 1st party support there just isn't anything outside of FORZA halo ans gears I love all 3 games but there needs to be a lot more. That's the reason why I love the switch as bad as they milk Mario there is a good 8 different types of Mario games there and they all play so much different then the other.

I just want the best place to play games at 4K at a price I can afford. €500 or less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

pcadhain wrote: »
    As of yet, none. Wait to see what E3 reveals. And it's not all about 4K.
    Not true, using supersampling, it'll produce 4K and compress to 1080p so non 4k TV owners will get increased game resolution, steady framerates, better textures, better antialiasing etc

Link worth reading the benefits.
    Despite the impressive specs there is not one reason to buy it as of yet. As the article says, games will need a scorpio patch for these added benefits. I expect a handful of patches will be announced at E3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

You should see what we give the software dev as there work laptops in work your talking a 5 grand laptop.

They're very lucky then, any place I've worked has always given dev the worst machines possible.

"If it'll run on your machine, then it'll run better on better machines".

Of course, the other machines weren't much better.

Despite the impressive specs there is not one reason to buy it as of yet. As the article says, games will need a scorpio patch for these added benefits. I expect a handful of patches will be announced at E3.

Actually that is inaccurate. Many games wont need a patch. Thats one of the benefits of Scorpio.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Actually that is inaccurate. Many games wont need a patch. Thats one of the benefits of Scorpio.

Actually, there will be some benefits to unpatched games, but all games will need to be patched to support 4k.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Actually, there will be some benefits to unpatched games, but all games will need to be patched to support 4k.
    Only to support native 4K.

Even the Xbox One S upscales to 4K. Obviously the best result will be an update by developers but it will be great to load up older games and get more stable frame rates and performance.

Even the Xbox One S upscales to 4K.
    But also to support the 4k downsampling improvements. As of now the only.benefit is variable framerate and variable resolution. As I have said, no compelling reason to buy the console right now. Obviously, were about to find out what the reasons are.

Even the Xbox One S upscales to 4K. Obviously the best result will be an update by developers but it will be great to load up older games and get more stable frame rates and performance.
    Wow you really have yourself convinced already don't you :)

Wow you really have yourself convinced already don't you :)
    I have a massive digital library on Xbox that needs some some love in the stable frame rate department so on that alone its worth a buy for me.

I hope they price it competitively or it could be a major flop.
    I hope so but thats going to be difficult. Its hardware is way ahead of the PS4 Pro and the Pro doesn't even have a UHD Bluray player.

Here's my one and only.prediction: Minecraft on some sort of 3rd party Windows Mixed Reality headset. As a "coming soon in the distant future" feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Here's my one and only.prediction: Minecraft on some sort of 3rd party Windows Mixed Reality headset. As a "coming soon in the distant future" feature.

Promising signs of that here. I'd love to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

A newsletter has leaked from Best Buy canada. Apparently, they're sticking with the name "Xbox Scorpio" which I think is awesome!

main.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

people on reddit seem to think its a placeholder image

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    A newsletter has leaked from Best Buy canada. Apparently, they're sticking with the name "Xbox Scorpio" which I think is awesome!

I wouldn't trust anything from Best Buy.

Most likely something their own guys knocked up, and then sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Best place to watch the keynote?

I clicked into the Mixer app on my Xbox but it doesn't look like it'll be full screen. Am I right?
    The right of the screen is taken up by live messaging and the video feed seems to be a small box in the centre.

Fixed it: you can hide the chat on the right.

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Best place to watch the keynote?

I clicked into the Mixer app on my Xbox but it doesn't look like it'll be full screen. Am I right?
    The right of the screen is taken up by live messaging and the video feed seems to be a small box in the centre.

you can go full screen and hide the chat by pressing x

it'll be in 4k on mixer

dunworth1 wrote: »
    you can go full screen and hide the chat by pressing x

it'll be in 4k on mixer

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any link for watching on Laptop/Ipad?

Any link for watching on Laptop/Ipad?

https://mixer.com/Xbox starting at 10pm

or

https://www.twitch.tv/twitch live now with a preshow

A lot of talk online at the moment about the Scorpio costing 499;

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/e3/2017/6/11/15778258/xbox-scorpio-price-speculation

Polygon are saying it could be Microsoft putting out feelers just before the event to gauge the reaction to the high price and then maybe swoop in with a lower price during the event.

Or, it really is 499, which falls inline with what they said last year - priced at a premium for those that want the very best.

shuffles03 wrote: »
    A lot of talk online at the moment about the Scorpio costing 499;

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/e3/2017/6/11/15778258/xbox-scorpio-price-speculation

Polygon are saying it could be Microsoft putting out feelers just before the event to gauge the reaction to the high price and then maybe swoop in with a lower price during the event.

Or, it really is 499, which falls inline with what they said last year - priced at a premium for those that want the very best.

Maybe my wallet has gotten smaller over the years, but $450 also feels like a premium price to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Also isn't the ps4 pro 400, the Scorpio can't be 100 bucks more than the ps4 pro people wont buy it unless it's awesome as hell

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Also isn't the ps4 pro 400, the Scorpio can't be 100 bucks more than the ps4 pro people wont buy it unless it's awesome as hell

Yeh but the Scorpio is way more powerful than the PS4 Pro though.

499 is fair enough based on the build of the console however they won't shift any.

Isn't it true that only 1 in 5 PS4's sold are Pro's.

I would wonder what the ratio would be with Scorpio at a 499 price point.

It seems so powerful that maybe they would be best to just start the next gen now with back compat with the One.

Advertisement