Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking issues in Erris Square Waterville, Dublin

Options
  • 17-05-2017 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Has anybody else got an issue with the new parking restrictions in erris square Waterville.
    In the eight years I've lived there there has never been a shortage of space. Now the management company are telling me that visitors are only allowed park for 24 hours and only 2 days a week . I often have family and friends come visit for weekends and I know a lot of my neighbours do too. Our car park has never been full. Is this just a money racket for the clamping company?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've moved your thread to the motoring forum, OP.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Probably best asked in the Dublin 15 forum, there's one or two regulars living there

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

This is about parking on private property, nothing to do with Motoring. Should either be in Legal or Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 oDerak_man

If this is something new for you after 8 years then you are either extremely lucky or ignorant. This policy has been in place at least for last four years I live here. My friend's car was clamped once because I forgot to register him on a visitor space. So no, it isn't anything new.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,989 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Rello10 wrote: »
    Has anybody else got an issue with the new parking restrictions in erris square Waterville.
    In the eight years I've lived there there has never been a shortage of space. Now the management company are telling me that visitors are only allowed park for 24 hours and only 2 days a week . I often have family and friends come visit for weekends and I know a lot of my neighbours do too. Our car park has never been full. Is this just a money racket for the clamping company?

Parking restrictions in MUDs are usually brought in if not enough owners are paying their fees. If you are an owner you would have gotten the information from your Management company, if renting there's not much you can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

oDerak_man wrote: »
    If this is something new for you after 8 years then you are either extremely lucky or ignorant. This policy has been in place at least for last four years I live here. My friend's car was clamped once because I forgot to register him on a visitor space. So no, it isn't anything new.

i think OP's issue is that it has changed from 48 hours twice weekly (4days) to 24 hours twice weekly(2 days).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Part of the issue for Erris is proximity to the hospital. I'm guessing this is to stop people using it as a free car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I live in Garnish Square which is closer to hospital (by the road) and we have no restrictions. Is it same management company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

amtc wrote: »
    I live in Garnish Square which is closer to hospital (by the road) and we have no restrictions. Is it same management company?

Pretty sure SPM have all the Lydon built clusters apart from Aran Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 amhk

Hi all, I'm new to the area and I'm wondering what the story is with visitor parking? Where should I ask my visitors to park and how do I register them so that they don't get clamped? I've tried asking around and haven't really been given a straight answer so advice would be much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 oDerak_man

There are visitor parking spaces throughout the Erris Square marked with "V". That's where all visitors are supposed to park. Additionally, you need to register them by sending a text message with their car reg. no. to APCOA. You should ask for the exact phone number and code related to your area your landlord or get in touch with the management company. The information is on the letter with the parking permit as well.

Thanks oDerak_man, I've finally convinced Apcoa to give me the number and code - in all of my calls and emails to them they never even told me there was a text system!!! Cheers for helping me figure out what to ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

amhk wrote: »
    Thanks oDerak_man, I've finally convinced Apcoa to give me the number and code - in all of my calls and emails to them they never even told me there was a text system!!! Cheers for helping me figure out what to ask for.

Sure why would do something like that? And cut of a potential revenue stream!
    APCOA are nothing but Leeches.
    However always remember it is your Management Company who has the final say in how parking is emplimented in your area. Your Management Company of which each home owner is a equal share holder, appoint a Management Company Agent to look after the day to day running of your area. If the policies of the Management Company Agent don't coincide with that of the Management Company they can be replaced at the end of their contract which is voted on by the home owners at their Annual General Meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Disagree. APCOA are our parking enforcement agents and they penalise people parking selfishly and endangering others by doing so. Play by the rules and there's no problem.

I'm in another part of Waterville and we don't have designated parking so only use them for people not parking in spaces.

Text number and area code should be on their signs in Erris, I know they are on the signs in my friend's estate in Coolmine.

amhk wrote: »

Caranica wrote: »
    Disagree. APCOA are our parking enforcement agents and they penalise people parking selfishly and endangering others by doing so. Play by the rules and there's no problem.

I'm in another part of Waterville and we don't have designated parking so only use them for people not parking in spaces.

Text number and area code should be on their signs in Erris, I know they are on the signs in my friend's estate in Coolmine.

And if your agents fails to respond to a simple enquiry as to how the parking arrangements work, as per amhk's request. They are not acting in the interest of the residents and the Management Company which actually employs them and would be appearing to put revenue gathering first.

Like I said Caranica, I am TRYING to "play by the rules" as you call it, but Apcoa won't tell me what the rules are. It's not selfish to want to invite a visitor to come to my home and be able to park their ONE car in one of the many spaces that were free that night. And as I also said, I'm asking if anyone can help me figure out what to do in Blasket Square, not Erris. The code is not on the signs so I'm genuinely asking for help and advice, not complaining about having been caught out trying to bend the rules. Thank you to others trying to help. Still not making any progress with my almost daily emails to Apcoa.

Why ask in an Erris Square thread so???

BTW I wasn't calling you selfish, I was responding to the APCOA are leeches post.

Why ask in an Erris Square thread so???

BTW I wasn't calling you selfish, I was responding to the APCOA are leeches post.

Defending a clamping company now that's rich. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 secondc

Have you contacted the property management company? Paramount 01 2939066?

Also, as well as getting a visitor code, you are entitled to one designated zone permit and a permit for an overflow space - these are at the rear around the square.

I also am guessing that the clampers are reluctant to hand out codes as people try to use erris as a public car park and are wary of people chancing their arm.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Defending a clamping company now that's rich. :D:D

They do the job and only clamp those not playing by the rules, in our place anyway. Just telling it as it is

• Advertisement

They do the job and only clamp those not playing by the rules, in our place anyway. Just telling it as it is

So by not divulging information requested by a resident of the area (in this case amhk)they are doing their job?

So by not divulging information requested by a resident of the area (in this case amhk)they are doing their job?

I didn't say that. However it's not for APCOA to provide that information, that should come from the management company. I'm very interested to know why they're not providing this, there must be a reason behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Omygodits2018

Rello10 wrote: »

Could anyone advise me if it is okay to park car in the parking spaces outside Annagh Court or Garnish Square estates? There are no signs about parking restrictions or visitor parking. There are 3 cars in my house so I am just wondering how to work the parking.

Any information appreciated.

Could anyone advise me if it is okay to park car in the parking spaces outside Annagh Court or Garnish Square estates? There are no signs about parking restrictions or visitor parking. There are 3 cars in my house so I am just wondering how to work the parking.

Any information appreciated.

Those spaces belong to the clusters or neighbouring clusters (eg only the spaces above Garnish Square and the first set of spaces below garnish belong to Garnish, the further down spaces belong to Aran Court. They may not be subject to enforcement just yet but could be at a later stage. I'd also consider those spaces to be high risk for opportunistic break ins.

How do you have 3 cars? Leases only allow for one car plus a share of visitor parking unless it's a 4 bed unit where it's 2 plus a share of visitor. Any more than two is asking for trouble with the management company.

Those spaces belong to the clusters or neighbouring clusters (eg only the spaces above Garnish Square and the first set of spaces below garnish belong to Garnish, the further down spaces belong to Aran Court. They may not be subject to enforcement just yet but could be at a later stage. I'd also consider those spaces to be high risk for opportunistic break ins.

How do you have 3 cars? Leases only allow for one car plus a share of visitor parking unless it's a 4 bed unit where it's 2 plus a share of visitor. Any more than two is asking for trouble with the management company.

Thank you for that info. I live in Skelligs Court and we have two parking permits for our house but my housemate just got new car which she needs for work but parking is now an issue... it is a bit of a catch 22; essential for work but no parking.

Thank you for that info. I live in Skelligs Court and we have two parking permits for our house but my housemate just got new car which she needs for work but parking is now an issue... it is a bit of a catch 22; essential for work but no parking.

Sorry, when you say those spaces may not be subject to enforcement yet- could you explain that a bit more?

Sorry, when you say those spaces may not be subject to enforcement yet- could you explain that a bit more?

I know some of the clusters that don't have permit parking are thinking of bringing it in. That would also apply to the outer spaces as they are part of the car parking of the cluster.

Also I know at least one of those clusters has a car register so if someone from outside was parking in their spaces regularly it would be noticed. I'd imagine they'd sticker it first and not clamp straight away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rello10

Del2005 wrote: »
    Parking restrictions in MUDs are usually brought in if not enough owners are paying their fees. If you are an owner you would have gotten the information from your Management company, if renting there's not much you can do.

I am an owner and my management fees are always paid

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rello10

And if your agents fails to respond to a simple enquiry as to how the parking arrangements work, as per amhk's request. They are not acting in the interest of the residents and the Management Company which actually employs them and would be appearing to put revenue gathering first.

Totally agree this seems to be a tactic paramount estates are very fond of

• Advertisement
Advertisement