Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cutting and bulking at the same time

• 17-05-2017 7:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

:D Yes this thread is happening. You are not imagining this.

I want to know what happens if you cut or have a calorie deficit on Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Sunday and you bulk or have a calorie surplus on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday and then alternate. On your bulking days you are doing a lifting program, on the cutting days you are doing cardio.

You are bulking and cutting the same amount of calories either way every day. Am I right in thinking that you should weigh the same? What would your body shape look like? How would it change? Have you heard of this been done before?

I'm clicking submit new thread, you can't stop me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Probably cancel each other out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

This is basically a recomp and honestly you'll just be spinning your wheels. Progress will be crushingly slow and deviations from ideal will be amplified.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 IronSteve

Look up 'intermittent fasting' OP. Never tried it so can't comment on effectiveness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 864 ✭✭✭neverever1

I will look that up Iron Steve. Not making judgments on Black Tie and Taylor 365 but I think you have a name that I can trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 IronSteve

neverever1 wrote: »
    I will look that up Iron Steve. Not making judgments on Black Tie and Taylor 365 but I think you have a name that I can trust.

Lol, Don't trust any random internet people.
    IF always interested me. There are many different patterns and approaches to it but I believe LeanGains is the most renowned

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

You won't bulk very much without a hefty dose of pharmaceuticals on that regime.
    More than likely you'll lose some fat and stay the same muscle-wise.
    Definitely give it a try and see how you get on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 864 ✭✭✭neverever1

The Monk in pushing the pharmaceuticals. :D
    I'll give it a go if I can last it. Not so sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Was reading alot about the intermittent fasting from lots of different sites and blogs.
    One of those points out that on a 16 hour IF it is possible to do what you are asking.
    You fast from 8/9pm to 12/1pm next morning.
    A good portion of the fast is done while sleeping cutting out cravings.
    He also claims that on weight training days you can eat like a horse as needed and on the non training/cardio days you eat a couple of normal sized low carb meals giving you the calorie deficits needed for fat burning.
    I still think that would make the change slower but it would work.
    Still tho from reading countless threads all across tinterweb the best way is to lose fat then lean gain.
    In theory the IF makes sense but does it work in reality....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

idnkph wrote:
    You fast from 8/9pm to 12/1pm next morning.

In that case I've been intermittently fasting for years now! This has been my natural eating pattern since I was about 15. I was so avant garde :-D

Advertisement