Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip Hire

Options
  • 17-05-2017 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Anyone know where would be the cheapest place to rent a skip in town for a few hours, need it delivered in the morning and collected that afternoon or evening,
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Brian.D wrote: »
    Anyone know where would be the cheapest place to rent a skip in town for a few hours, need it delivered in the morning and collected that afternoon or evening,
    Cheers

Shopped around a few companies couple of years ago. All I rang just charged for the size of the skip, and not for the number of days. Max you could hold on to the skip was a week.

Think I went with Greenstar, got a small discount as an account holder, but still cost a few hundred euro. I could keep it a week, but rang a few days later as had already filled it. As pointed out, charge was same, weather I held on to for a couple of nights, or for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Same advice from me. Greenstar had the best selection (3 sizes iirc) and cheapest for the medium which I needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dk1979

Last time I hired a skip - rang around them all and found Frank Gallagher to be the cheapest for what I needed.

http://www.our.ie/ballymote/sligo/trades/skip-hire/waste-removal/skiphiresligo/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Laghey Waste (yes, from Donegal) were the cheapest for me, by a long way.

Advertisement