Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing broadband provider, am I a switcher or a ceaser?

Options
  • 17-05-2017 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I have Eir fibre (with landline phone number) and intend to replace it with Vodafone fibre (broadband only, need no phone, they will bring in a new line, I believe, and router).

According to Eir's switching page I am switching ("you want to move your .. broadband service(s) to a different service provider") but in fact I believe that I am ceasing (even though it says "you are not intending to move to a different service provider").

I am asking because on Eir's switch/cease page  they list two different procedures and it's all very confusing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Hungryhill,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

If you wish to move your broadband to another provider, you would need to contact them with your UAN and they would then port the requested services over to their network.

I would recommend contacting our loyalty department on 1800 303 600 or freephone 1901 and they will be able to advise you on this.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hungryhill

Thanks Anna, I already went to the local Vodafone store with the Eir UAN etc. but they told me that they would not port anything since I am not getting a Vodafone broadband with phone number, just the broadband.

They do the switch and take care of canceling etc. only if one gets a package with phone number. So they told me that it was up to me to cancel with Eir but I have not clear the steps required, hence my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I would recommend contacting our loyalty team to organise the cancellation of your phone line and then another provider should then be able to take over your broadband connection.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement