Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapping Components from one frame to another - recommend someone/somewhere

Options
  • 17-05-2017 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Long story short I'm heading to Australia next year for a WH Visa and want to sell one of the road bikes to get up some cash....

My higher spec bike (Alu with full 105) is a Cube I bought second hand which has some marks and scrapes, while my other is a Felt (Alu, old Tiagra and non-brand components) that i bought new. The Felt frame is my preferred one to keep, given its in almost new condition since I'm the only owner from new and I prefer the geometry.

I plan to keep the Felt but swap all the components from the Cube (including wheels and cassette) to it. So it would be:

Wheels
    Cassette
    Chain
    Chainset
    Both derailleurs
    Bottom bracket​
    Brake calipers
    Shifters

Obviously new cables and tape would be needed for both.

Can anyone recommend someone near Tallaght/South Dublin? Got quoted €250 from one place so far.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

087 998 3505 Cathal runs a mobile bike service biz outta Clondalkin and I can't imagine he'd charge anything like that based on my experience.
    Worth a call. The pick up and drop off is convenience-gold

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Another mobile guy (and also a Cathal) is the Spokesman.He has a few set times and locations but also does collections and drop offs. As above, I feel he under charges me at times.

http://www.thespokesman.ie

Advertisement