Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number query??

Options
  • 17-05-2017 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

Hi. Is the phone number 06285420 a number associated with eir? My mother recieved a call today about making her bill cheaper. She stupidly agreed to it, but when I googled the number it shows as being a number which others have said leads you to believe they are Eircom when infact they aren't. Now she doesn't want to leave Eir to go with any other provider. If she has signed up to another provider unknowingly, Is there a way to stop this from going through at Eir end where she currently has an account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi markc1184,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm afraid this number doesn't look to be from eir and may be another company.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to block another provider from taking over any requested services from our side.

I would highly recommend your mother to contact our customer care team on 1901 to look into further.

I'm very sorry I can't advise you further on this.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Thanks for the reply Anna. I was chatting to Leanne on the EirCare twitter account first thing this morning and she recommended ringing them back and asking to have the order cancelled and it was also suggested externally to get a postal address to send a note off, to also have it in writing. Thankfully all seems to be sorted for now after a phone call this morning.

Again, many thanks for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

It's no problem at all.

I'm delighted you have got this sorted :)

Please feel free to get back in touch if you require any further assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement