Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law UCC

• 18-05-2017 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I am interested in doing law in ucc next year, but am afraid I may not get the required 490 in the cao. Just enquiring if there is any course in ucc that I can do for a year which can result in a direct change in course to law

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Yoop_

There's not, as far as I know. I did law in UCC and I know someone in Law could transfer to Law Clinical for example, or vice versa, but I don't think there's any way to go from one course into another if you don't have sufficient points for the first year of the course you want to go to. Maybe contact the Admissions Office and get a definite answer.

Also, I'm sure you've been told this a hundred times but don't put something different as your first choice if you really want to do law. You never know how things will go and Law tends to fluctuate quite a lot; often up to 15 points.

Advertisement