Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Cornell Dead @ 52

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Two years to the day since he played the Olympia, when tickets came out I was thinking 'Ah I'll see him again some other time', I'm really glad I decided to go now.

I still feel the same sadness about it, was listening to the live acoustic album a while ago and his version of 'Thank You' had me close to tears, really poignant giving what happened, I loved the Higher Truth album when it came out, but I've barely listened to it in the last 11 months it's just way too sad now. I got the Temple of the Dog album after he died but never really felt like listening to it.

The sudden nature of his death is what really got to me, don't think I'll ever be so profoundly affected by a celebrity death again.

I had two tickets for that gig and couldn't get anyone to come with me, we had been to see Soundgarden in the point the year before and we were all less than impressed so my friends thought, why go again.

Eventually one of them said he'd come and about half way through the set he leaned in to me and said, how privileged he felt to be there.

It was an amazing night and one i'll remember for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I hope the remaining members of SG put their creative talents to use. I've like what I've been hearing from Ben Sheperd, so hopefully he puts out another album.
    Matt Cameron obviously has PJ and Kim was recording for Barret Martin recently.
    Interesting if the MC, KT and BS got together and recorded with another singer, as a project.
    Love Kim Thayil's style, hopefully he keeps playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Two years to the day since he played the Olympia, when tickets came out I was thinking 'Ah I'll see him again some other time', I'm really glad I decided to go now.

I still feel the same sadness about it, was listening to the live acoustic album a while ago and his version of 'Thank You' had me close to tears, really poignant giving what happened, I loved the Higher Truth album when it came out, but I've barely listened to it in the last 11 months it's just way too sad now. I got the Temple of the Dog album after he died but never really felt like listening to it.

The sudden nature of his death is what really got to me, don't think I'll ever be so profoundly affected by a celebrity death again.

Amazing gig. Gutted I don't have my ticket stub from it, I usually keep every gig stub I've been to but my mate who booked chose the e-ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The 2012 gig in the Olympia was beyond special and one of the greatest gigs I've ever been to. An unforgettable evening.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Came across this clip of his daughter on Youtube today, she has a great voice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement