Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for discussing something illegal without intend to carry out such an action

Options
  • 18-05-2017 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Banned from the shooting Forum for discussing the potential penalties that would arise from carrying a licensed firearm acommpanied by an unlicensed Moderator.

Banned for 2 weeks without any prior warning.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi, did you contact the person that banned you and attempt to discuss it as per the procedure above?

If so, please post the pm exchange or forward them to me and I'll take a look.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

Steve wrote:
    Hi, did you contact the person that banned you and attempt to discuss it as per the procedure above?

Hi Steve, I have contacted the person by PM but he refuses to reply to me, I know the Modeator personally and that might be a factor.

I got an infraction for my actual post and then banned immediately after for asking a person who was involved in the conversation did he get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, The comment was posted before the infraction and following that i was banned

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi Free-2-Flow,

I can see the timeline and the deleted posts, I can also see some discussion between the mods on the reason for the ban, it wasn't for the 'wrong side of bed' post.

I just need details of the PM discussion between you to do with this to have the full picture.

You can forward them to me or post them here. If there is anything private due you you knowing each other then feel free to redact it, I'll ask the same of the mod involved.

I used the term 'person' so as not to confuse it with 'moderator' in the firearms sense which was the subject of your thread.

Thanks.

Steve wrote:
    I just need details of the PM discussion between you to do with this to have the full picture.

PM sent

• Advertisement

Hi,

I've got the pm exchange from the mod.

This is a clear breach or the 'don't discuss illegal stuff' which is both stated in the shooting forum charter and in boards.ie posting guidelines.

Specifically here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66892683&postcount=8

Ban upheld, you may appeal this further to admin if you wish.

Thanks.

Steve wrote:
    Ban upheld, you may appeal this further to admin if you wish.

2 weeks is a bit excessive without prior warning

Steve wrote:
    Specifically here:

I cannot view the charter if I am banned from the section.

Hi, I want to break into houses using a super duper new crowbar, well, I'm not *really* going to do it but what would happen if I did.. and what do you think about super duper crowbars...

Basically that's what you posted. Not allowed on boards.ie. :)

As I said, accept my answer or request an admin review. Your call.

I cannot view the charter if I am banned from the section.

If you log out, you can view it.

• Advertisement

Steve wrote:
    Hi, I want to break into houses using a super duper new crowbar, well, I'm not *really* going to do it but what would happen if I did.. and what do you think about super duper crowbars...

That is the most ridiculous comparison I've ever heard, you wouldn't happen to be 12 years old would you?

Hi,
    Please let me know if you are are requesting an admin appeal. Otherwise I can request this be marked as resolved.

Steve wrote:
    Hi, Please let me know if you are are requesting an admin appeal. Otherwise I can request this be marked as resolved.

I am not requesting an appeal, I accept the decision made.

Regards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement