Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options
  • 18-05-2017 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭

First details announced yesterday and I'm already looking forward to this one.

Release date is 14th September.

PES 2017 was a triumph and hopefully they build on these fantastic foundations.

First details reveal a 'Super 7' of enhancements;

Gameplay masterclass (better game speed, more accurate dribbling, enhancements to player touch and ball control, reworked free kicks and penalties)
    Presentation overhaul (new UI and a 'broadcast feel')
    PES League integration
    Online co-op (2v2 and 3v3)
    New modes & features (including random selection match, improved master league and presentation elements)
    Enhanced visual reality
    Significant PC improvements (console parity).

A few preorder bonuses and a Barcelona edition too.

Full trailer due on 13th June.

I have to say I'm very excited for it and really hope they maintain this momentum in progress. Really happy with the improvements too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

As always, I do get very excited when the new PES is announced

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The return of random selection matches is the best news of all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

One little thing that annoys me about PES which I hope they sort out, Is the way the tables look, they've the stats all over the place. i.e. Points first, even in the Champions League they have it like Points - GF - W - D - L - GA - GD and it just looks ridiculous imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Gameplay in 2017 was near perfection​ for me.
    Will be interested to see how the can improve it.

whiskeyman wrote: »

Turning players and not being able to pull away was a big issue for me. The pacing was poor

Other than that I thought it was great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

callaway92 wrote: »
    Turning players and not being able to pull away was a big issue for me. The pacing was poor

Other than that I thought it was great

Agreed. Frustrating to break away with Vardy and be caught by Mertesaker every time.

My only other complaint was sometimes the physical contact fouls outside of slide tackles weren't picking up at all. You could be rugby tackled off the ball or in the air and there was no decision. Not major as it wasn't that common but very annoying.

Agreed. Frustrating to break away with Vardy and be caught by Mertesaker every time.

My only other complaint was sometimes the physical contact fouls outside of slide tackles weren't picking up at all. You could be rugby tackled off the ball or in the air and there was no decision. Not major as it wasn't that common but very annoying.

Spot on about physicality being too lenient.

One other thing....

Run down the wing...cross..header...goal....rinse & repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MajorTom88

Just wanted to check if there is any sort of PES community in Ireland. I moved here a couple of months ago and I was wondering if there's a place where PES players gather to compete or exchange experience (doesn't matter if virtual or in person). If anyone has an insight, please let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

whiskeyman wrote: »

I wouldn't mind being given a penalty more than once every 10 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

:eek:

• Advertisement

:eek:

The animations don't look the best

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    The animations don't look the best

Happy with the animations myself, surprised to see some new ones in there (for a change).
    Ball physics look a small bit better too, and the grass is actually green this time! Think the game in general looks slightly prettier also.

It's just another trailer though really, once we get some people actually sitting down to play the game we'd be able to tell the full story. Going by this trailer though, it's promising to bring further improvements on an already fantastic sports game.

Hope they do increase the stadium variety though, or even better... add a stadium builder with exportable files to be included in patches! :eek:

Nailz wrote: »
    Happy with the animations myself, surprised to see some new ones in there (for a change).
    Ball physics look a small bit better too, and the grass is actually green this time! Think the game in general looks slightly prettier also.

It's just another trailer though really, once we get some people actually sitting down to play the game we'd be able to tell the full story. Going by this trailer though, it's promising to bring further improvements on an already fantastic sports game.

Hope they do increase the stadium variety though, or even better... add a stadium builder with exportable files to be included in patches! :eek:

There's game play for both pro evo and fifa up on YouTube. I can't link right now but I'll throw a few up later on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

There's game play for both pro evo and fifa up on YouTube. I can't link right now but I'll throw a few up later on
    Thanks for the heads up man!
    Googled it there and watched some of IGN's gameplay, like the look and the pace of it. New hud is nice too, nice modern minimal look. Will reserve my judgement until playing it properly myself, however.

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2017/06/14/15-minutes-of-pes-2018-gameplay-4k-60fps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I hope the Master League is not neglected again, not everyone plays online

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭mada999

I'm just glad the PC version is not gonna be a port version.... happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Luis Suarez to be the cover star for Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mancho

Open Beta out on consoles today.

Can play 1 v 1 and 3 v 3 online games.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Had a few games 1v1 earlier on the 2018 BETA PS4. Looks and feels great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

million dollar question:

hows the lag?

• Advertisement

In the five matches I've played so far I experienced maybe 4 or 5 lag instances which lasted only 1-2 seconds each before "fixing itself". I've never really experienced poor lag on the game in the last 2 years tbh. Maybe I've just been lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Koolhanger wrote: »
    In the five matches I've played so far I experienced maybe 4 or 5 lag instances which lasted only 1-2 seconds each before "fixing itself". I've never really experienced poor lag on the game in the last 2 years tbh. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Same here. Haven't played the beta yet but in PES 2017, pretty much all of my games online have been lag free. A friend of mine gets absolutely crippled by lag though and has about 20-30mb internet while I just have 40mb

million dollar question:

hows the lag?

I downloaded it from the NZ store and supposedly that's supposed to effect matchmaking, but in the two games i did play they was no lag at all. Had to wait about 1-2 minutes to find me a game though.

Where's that presentation overhaul? Looks like last year with a lick of paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Shame they don't offer a Liverpool edition also. That's a missed opportunity on their part.

I'm really enjoying the way it plays but I've had an unreal amount of rage quitting happen. I suppose once there's nothing at stake people will just quit knowing they won't lose anything.

Game play is a step up from last year for sure. Scored an unbelievable goal from outside the box with Coutinho but because of the rage quit, I didn't manage to get a good look at it after the game.

Managed to score this free kick on 2018 BETA with Neymar, even though I can't get the PES 2017 free kicks at all! And, this was without the guide lines on the screen. Not sure if it's meant to be this way but the guide lines won't come on for me for set-pieces on the BETA.

https://youtu.be/rFxCUOP9ze4

Played only 2 1v1 games last night. So enjoyable!

Player switch issues already fixed for the full game. Just follow Adam Bhatti on Twitter. He was responding to feedback all day yesterday from fans and relaying it to the developers

What are the player switch issues? Changing control from one player to another?

Regarding this - I like the transparent cursor over a 2nd player at all times. Think it shows who you can switch control to?

• Advertisement

Koolhanger wrote: »
    What are the player switch issues? Changing control from one player to another?

Regarding this - I like the transparent cursor over a 2nd player at all times. Think it shows who you can switch control to?

Poor player switch choice, ie switching to the wrong player or the odd time not switching at all. Its been a known problem anyway and it's already fixed. Also I told Adam that crossing is too overpowered still. Scored headers with small wingers beating much larger defenders in the air and that's been a problem with PES 2017 too.

Advertisement