Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Havent played PES much in many years. .

I don't play online (only career), so am I correct in saying the cheap as chips disc is usually the way to go ? (ie no need to pay extra for different versions because its mainly online goodies you are getting ?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Yep, I think most on here are PS4. I've seen a couple of PC guys commenting, too.

Anyone know if the official update patch is out on ps4? Mbappe and Neymar are with PSG on mine. Does that mean I've got the update patch or just a small transfer update?

It says I have:

Version 1.01.00
    Data Pack Unimplemented
    APPLY LIVE UPDATE 201709141

Looks like you've got it! So......what are the 5 star teams then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Played the demo. I like pes.

I think it's a better game than Fifa now.

One thing they could improve is the display and menus. Trying to make changes to your team is a pain and not easy on the eye. Same with tactics. I haven't a clue how to change them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Trying to make changes to your team is a pain and not easy on the eye. Same with tactics. I haven't a clue how to change them.
    You can't change the tactics in the demo, only the advanced instructions such as playing with Wing Backs or Gegenpress, etc.
    You can change your formations and everything else you can think of in the full version of the game, and it's a much better implementation than FIFA's in that regard also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Played a 3v3 game there and the players were turning like lorries.

It still takes ages to match make online as well :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Played the demo. I like pes.

I think it's a better game than Fifa now.

One thing they could improve is the display and menus. Trying to make changes to your team is a pain and not easy on the eye. Same with tactics. I haven't a clue how to change them.

Once you get used to the tactics you won't look back. It's a much more in depth system than Fifa.

There would probably be a couple of YouTube videos out there but mainly just stick with it and you'll eventually figure it out through messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

loving the gameplay so far, went online earlier with my club and got a couple of hammerings, still do not know how to get the best out of the scouts and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

No sign of the pc servers running. Konami getting a lot of flack for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So where is everyone getting there option files I haven't touched it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

So where is everyone getting there option files I haven't touched it yet

Waiting on an email link from Pesuniverse, they're sending them out now. Paid a tenner for it. Having done tons of editing myself in the past I think it's worth it to pay the guys for the immense amount of work that goes in to it. It will be available for free, but probably not for another 10 days or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Waiting on an email link from Pesuniverse, they're sending them out now. Paid a tenner for it. Having done tons of editing myself in the past I think it's worth it to pay the guys for the immense amount of work that goes in to it. It will be available for free, but probably not for another 10 days or so.

I thought it would be available for free for all at some stage today? Must have misread it somewhere so. Might stump up for it, don't have the patience to wait around and I won't play offline unless its Master league. Need to get some practice in ahead of this league because i'm fairly useless :o

anybody recommend me a usb stick to get so I can put an option file on ?

I thought it would be available for free for all at some stage today? Must have misread it somewhere so. Might stump up for it, don't have the patience to wait around and I won't play offline unless its Master league. Need to get some practice in ahead of this league because i'm fairly useless :o
    It will be available for free for all. Probably after about 10 days, maybe a week.

Site won't even load for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

I entered the code I got with the game as day one bonus.

I got to use a gold ball and got sneijder?
    Is that my one free player got?

Or am I missing something

There could be free option files around. Pesgaming might be worth a look.
    I've gone for the Pesuniverse one because it was superb last year. The Bundesliga and missing CL and Europa League teams will eventually be in it.
    There is some very good other ones though that might be up on Pesgaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Downloaded the Xbox 360 version, hoping gameplay improvements were enough.
    Just checked the stadium lists, and there's only 5 listed!!!
    Wtf?

Says way more on the site, but an asterisks does mention 'varies by console'.
    https://www.konami.com/wepes/2018/eu/en/page/license

I thought last year's had way more than 5!!!
    Or maybe I downloaded them all on the Viper patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Just about finished installing the PES Universe option file!!!

Also, freaked out earlier as I thought my ps4 was damaged - some weird **** going on with that 4.74 system software update. Still didn't download it. Says error.

PS4 wouldn't start up for me for about 30mins and was freezing when starting up at different stages.

First time anything like that's ever happened. Hoping it's the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I just played 2 games offline, but this is a great version of pes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

Don't suuposse there's a stadium editor/creator as part of the game? They included one a few versions ago.

• Advertisement

What's everyone playing on ? I started a world cup with Italy on Professional which is what I usually play 4-0 after 30 mins......I need to up it , and I was playing Chile not exactly Mugs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Downloaded the Xbox 360 version, hoping gameplay improvements were enough.
    Just checked the stadium lists, and there's only 5 listed!!!
    Wtf?

Says way more on the site, but an asterisks does mention 'varies by console'.
    https://www.konami.com/wepes/2018/eu/en/page/license

I thought last year's had way more than 5!!!
    Or maybe I downloaded them all on the Viper patch?

Keep us posted, i think im the only other xbox 360 user :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Just about finished installing the PES Universe option file!!!

Also, freaked out earlier as I thought my ps4 was damaged - some weird **** going on with that 4.74 system software update. Still didn't download it. Says error.

PS4 wouldn't start up for me for about 30mins and was freezing when starting up at different stages.

First time anything like that's ever happened. Hoping it's the last time.

Where and how did you get the option file ? I am a gold member on there and ive gotten no email or anything yet and sites down all day.

I remember this happening last year with all the demand it took a while for everyone to get things.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Where and how did you get the option file ? I am a gold member on there and ive gotten no email or anything yet and sites down all day.

I remember this happening last year with all the demand it took a while for everyone to get things.

Someone put the option file up on the pes reddit page

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

What's everyone playing on ? I started a world cup with Italy on Professional which is what I usually play 4-0 after 30 mins......I need to up it , and I was playing Chile not exactly Mugs

Professional too easy with a decent team. Top player is much more competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Currently on top player

Someone put the option file up on the pes reddit page

Can you pm me a link please :)

****Never mind think I found it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Could i get a link too if its going. Cheers

Downloaded the option file to usb stick and when I plug option stick into my ps4, the ps4 does not seem to be reading the ysb stick, Any ideas ? Before downloading the option file to usb, I formatted the usb stick to fat32.. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Any idea lads why im still not edglible for the step up trial comp. Bought the game tonight thinking it was play 6 games and you qualify. Is it players in your squad need to have 6 games under their belt??

Advertisement