Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Downloaded the option file to usb stick and when I plug option stick into my ps4, the ps4 does not seem to be reading the ysb stick, Any ideas ? Before downloading the option file to usb, I formatted the usb stick to fat32.. thanks

Is the option file in a folder called WEPES (all capital letters)? If not it needs to be, game won't recognise it otherwise. Create a folder named WEPES and put the option file there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Are ye all PS4 players, or are there any PC ones out there?

All the option files I've seen so far are for PS4, nothing there for PC.

Is the PESUniverse one (I'm willing to pay) PS4 or PC does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's only for PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Literraly jumped in and bought tonight myself after last years pes was gettin tough to find a game, so interested myself. I know theres a league going on which i might throw my hat in 2mrw if its not to late

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

If anyone got the physical copy of the game and got a DLC code for getting Usain Bolt in myclub, and also has no intention of playing myclub, could I please have it?

I had problems with my preorder and long story short, I didn't get my pre order bonuses......

Just chancing my arm here because I need a good winger for my team ha

• Advertisement

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Literraly jumped in and bought tonight myself after last years pes was gettin tough to find a game, so interested myself. I know theres a league going on which i might throw my hat in 2mrw if its not to late

Do you mind if I hold you in reserve for the league? We have 2 groups of 8 now so I want to keep it even and there's probably a minute chance someone will drop out before or during the league.

We'll be holding loads of leagues throughout the next year anyway!

Colemania wrote: »
    If anyone got the physical copy of the game and got a DLC code for getting Usain Bolt in myclub, and also has no intention of playing myclub, could I please have it?

I had problems with my preorder and long story short, I didn't get my pre order bonuses......

Just chancing my arm here because I need a good winger for my team ha

Dont go down the usain bolt route, seems like a bit of a cop off

99 speed
    99 accelaration
    Not a footballer

Do you mind if I hold you in reserve for the league? We have 2 groups of 8 now so I want to keep it even and there's probably a minute chance someone will drop out before or during the league.

We'll be holding loads of leagues throughout the next year anyway!

Pm sent to ya man

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

99 speed
    99 accelaration
    Not a footballer

Yeah, but the novelty of having an Olympic World Record holder on the wing is definitely too good to pass up, and will surely never wear off either! :pac: :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    Yeah, but the novelty of having an Olympic World Record holder on the wing is definitely too good to pass up, and will surely never wear off either! :pac: :pac:

Yrue cant blame the lads who pre ordered, hatdlu just for him, just at myclub the best and worst is the beginning for me, it hopefully gets better after that :) to be honest ya might just convert him in anyway. To much space for those class players :)

• Advertisement

99 speed
    99 accelaration
    Not a footballer

I need that pace! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Still no live update on PC for me. Just keep getting an error code!

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Still no live update on PC for me. Just keep getting an error code!

I got an error code tonight, server loged me out during a game, was something like a code:fdnn556... something or other.
    Rebooted the ps4 and router did the job.
    I know ur on pc but a router reset maybe?

Edit: sorry read it wrong, live updates are apprantly a problem on pc.

I need that pace! :D

My marcelo woukd like to say hello ;)

How'd you get on with the myclub lotto. I pulled
    Maradona (78ish i think maybe higher, not sure, think a lot of people got him of the bat)
    Iniesta
    Kroos
    Casimero

I thought bam thats my midfield from last year. Im sorted there for months, just have to level them

Me the idiot yeah, starts turning the useless mid into trainers.......BAM.....
    Casimero gone

So dissapointed, my anchor from last year boom g'luck....im a trainer now. Midfield needs work again now

Got marcelo and some keeper who was a step up from pantilimon through the lotto again

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Have a very average team. Dzeko , sneijder and gaitain are the main one.

Cannot get a DM in at all and it's killing me..never realised just how much there needed

My marcelo woukd like to say hello ;)

How'd you get on with the myclub lotto. I pulled
    Maradona (78ish i think maybe higher, not sure, think a lot of people got him of the bat)
    Iniesta
    Kroos
    Casimero

I thought bam thats my midfield from last year. Im sorted there for months, just have to level them

Me the idiot yeah, starts turning the useless mid into trainers.......BAM.....
    Casimero gone

So dissapointed, my anchor from last year boom g'luck....im a trainer now. Midfield needs work again now

Got marcelo and some keeper who was a step up from pantilimon through the lotto again

Did you get Maradona with the preorder bonus or how did you get him?

Ya I know someone who got Alaba the first time myclub came out and he accidentally turned him into a trainer :D

Steven Gerrard coming to myclub as a legend! Liverpool fan here so I'd love to get him! Long shots all game :D

Minor gripe. The ordering of teams in the Premier League used to be by their real name (irrespective of fake name) but now it's by their fake name. So when you edit the names to their real ones, they're all over the place.

You can change the ordering for offline play but if you live update, it's a mess.

Minor gripe. The ordering of teams in the Premier League used to be by their real name (irrespective of fake name) but now it's by their fake name. So when you edit the names to their real ones, they're all over the place.

You can change the ordering for offline play but if you live update, it's a mess.

Ah that's crap. I saw they were organised by their fake name alright when I was looking for Chelsea so I'd a feeling they'd stay that way

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

I did my PES Universe option file yesterday and all teams are in perfect order, alphabetically, in all leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Finally a patch for the Pc has been released which addresses the online issue

Koolhanger wrote: »
    I did my PES Universe option file yesterday and all teams are in perfect order, alphabetically, in all leagues.

Does that include when you play with the live update on? Mine are fine without it but live update usually defaults the teams to their original league structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Yeah, in their instructions you Apply the Live Update first. Then import the option file. All fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-15-pes-2018-review

Got a recommended from Eurogamer, but the review reads like an avoid in places. Overall says it's slightly worse than last year, and that the AI is a bit crap. Balls over the top far too effective. That was painfully evident in the demo.

Think I'll give it a miss unless some drastic patches to AI.

They rarely put in a wrong tackle or foul too which is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

I'm on PC too, wondering where the best Option File is for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭mada999

Cienciano wrote: »
    I just played 2 games offline, but this is a great version of pes.

me too as the online servers seem to be screwed up for the PC.

Have to say Pes 2017 was good, but this version has totally blown it out of the water.. the gameplay is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭mada999

Finally a patch for the Pc has been released which addresses the online issue

nice one cheers for the heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

mada999 wrote: »
    me too as the online servers seem to be screwed up for the PC.

Have to say Pes 2017 was good, but this version has totally blown it out of the water.. the gameplay is amazing

Try reddit for be pointed in the right direction for PC option files, a lot on there seem to be playing it on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Read the EG review and took the plunge, 1st PES game since 08 maybe.

Please tell me they have done away with the stupid online lobbies and steamworks is in it?

kdjac on steam if anyone wants a game.

option files.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments/709cmm/the_rwepes_option_file_repo/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Read the EG review and took the plunge, 1st PES game since 08 maybe.

Please tell me they have done away with the stupid online lobbies and steamworks is in it?

kdjac on steam if anyone wants a game.

option files.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments/709cmm/the_rwepes_option_file_repo/

Interesting reading there in that thread. It looks as if I'm not the only one with concerns over the legality issues of what PESUniverse are actually doing.

I'll be sticking with PESGaming anyway, personally. They've never let me down so far. :):)

Advertisement