Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, I'll go with PES gaming myself. Wouldn't pay for an option file, but I have donated to editors before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Lads, how do you get these option files that can update teams ?

Do you just download them to a harddrive and connect it to your PlayStation 4? Also, does it have to be a specific kind of hard drive to read on the console?

Lastly, where is the best place to get these files?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Anyone got a link to that PES universe Option File. Their web site is being moved and I can't get into anything at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone got a link to that PES universe Option File. Their web site is being moved and I can't get into anything at the moment.

They charge for that.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Lads, how do you get these option files that can update teams ?

Do you just download them to a harddrive and connect it to your PlayStation 4? Also, does it have to be a specific kind of hard drive to read on the console?

Lastly, where is the best place to get these files?

There's a link above.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments/709cmm/the_rwepes_option_file_repo/
    Personally, I get mine off PES gaming

http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=407

I can't link, but go to the end of that thread and work your way back, few people tell you exactly how to do it. I think you need to apply the latest konami update before you copy it across. I put mine on an old memory stick, it needs to be formatted to fat32 or exfat. The PES gaming one won't have version 2 till about sunday, pes universe is already out, but they want money for it. The rest are free.

Usually PES gaming has a few different ones. Last year I got a classic team one, so all the spare teams were random classic teams like Barca 94, United 2000, Juventus 84, Milan 92, Newcastle 95.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Colemania wrote: »
    Did you get Maradona with the preorder bonus or how did you get him?

Ya I know someone who got Alaba the first time myclub came out and he accidentally turned him into a trainer :D

I got the barca bundle online, so think he was a dead cert with that, brother got him as well and most teams ive played online seem to have him. He's leathal enough

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cienciano wrote: »
    Usually PES gaming has a few different ones. Last year I got a classic team one, so all the spare teams were random classic teams like Barca 94, United 2000, Juventus 84, Milan 92, Newcastle 95.

I've never actually used those ones but I know it's something that I should do.

I might try to do it around May/June just to try and add something new as I'll probably be bored everything else in it then! :pac:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    They charge for that.

There's usually a free one, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭mada999

There's usually a free one, no?

think they said on reddit that it is usuall free after 10 days or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Obvious Otter

They charge for that.

Which they shouldn't be doing. Making money from copyright infringement is going to end in disaster and gives a good excuse for the likes of EA to shut down the editing community in PES. Short term gain for long term pain IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Does that include when you play with the live update on? Mine are fine without it but live update usually defaults the teams to their original league structure.
    Not sure what I was looking at but mine are NOT in correct alphabetical order! Sorry for the mixup!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Are people using the PES Gaming option file then? The WEHK Community one?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Nope. I'd wait for Cristiano's one here. Apparently it'll be out tomorrow but he has said "Circa 16/09" so it could be Sunday/Monday.

That's usually the one I'd always go for as it's fairly spot on. :)

That said though, I've never used the other one so it could be fine. All you have to do is clear all the data anyway if you want to switch over to Cristiano's which was quite easy to do in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Wilberto wrote: »

Nope. I'd wait for Cristiano's one here. Apparently it'll be out tomorrow but he has said "Circa 16/09" so it could be Sunday/Monday.

That's usually the one I'd always go for as it's fairly spot on. :)

That said though, I've never used the other one so it could be fine. All you have to do is clear all the data anyway if you want to switch over to Cristiano's which was quite easy to do in 2017.

Thanks Wilberto. I'll just wait for that one then. I can't remember which one I used last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is there many on PC playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Is there many on PC playing it?

hard to find games but my first one, for the first time ever was lag free

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I say hard, its probably pretty decent by pc standards, it will get better when word gets out that it is good gameplay + working online

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Still to take the plunge to buy it. I was considering holding off until Christmas. In myClub, is there any way of upping the difficulty? I remember in previous versions, I'd have to play a rake of pointless games against the AI before the difficulty was upped to a decent level.

Also, how is Master League? Any improvements there? I remember back in the day I used to like throwing all teams I like into one league and basically turning it into a European superleague (rather than playing the Stokes and West Broms of the world).

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Having people pay for mods which is not really legally got is a big no no, is that not what brought down the GTA mod scene

• Advertisement

Do you need a Konami id for anything?
    Having people pay for mods which is not really legally got is a big no no, is that not what brought down the GTA mod scene

Yeah, poor form. I never heard of it till this year. Has it been going on before for pes?

Cienciano wrote: »

Do you need a Konami id for anything?

I don't know but no matter what password I enter it stops me. Was the same for the demo but thought they might have sorted it out by now.
    Yeah, poor form. I never heard of it till this year. Has it been going on before for pes?

I thought PES universe gave out free option files last year and it was basically a you can pay if you want kind of thing. I bought the 10 quid package last year but Im sure there was a free one available around the same time I got mine.

I don't know but no matter what password I enter it stops me. Was the same for the demo but thought they might have sorted it out by now.

I thought PES universe gave out free option files last year and it was basically a you can pay if you want kind of thing. I bought the 10 quid package last year but Im sure there was a free one available around the same time I got mine.

I'm sure last year was the first I've heard of PESUniverse giving special treatment to people who pay.

I mean, with other sites you can just donate, but that's all it is. You don't get any special treatment. It's purely just a way that you can show your appreciation for the hard work put in by them.

But as soon as you start giving those who pay additional benefits (early access) then you really are walking a very fine line.

I used a log in i created for pes on the ps2 years ago and it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

Anyone know if I start a Master League now, and install the updated option file later, will it update the team names and kits in my ML? Or will they remain the same?

tigger123 wrote: »
    Anyone know if I start a Master League now, and install the updated option file later, will it update the team names and kits in my ML? Or will they remain the same?

With teams in the "licensed leagues", I'm fairly sure that that's not a problem as the only things that are changing are the teams kits, crests, etc.

However, with the other leagues (especially if you want the PEU League to be the Bundesliga) I'd definitely wait for the option file as you might have to switch around teams in the competition structure.

In other words, if you start it now, and then upload the option file, you might find out that some other European teams that were added from the option file are now in the Bundesliga which, for me, would just wreck my head! :pac:

I usually just wait for a good option file before I even touch the Master League. :)

Also, as the Bundesliga players are added from the option file as well, I don't think these will be added to any ongoing Master League as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

Wilberto wrote: »
    With teams in the "licensed leagues", I'm fairly sure that that's not a problem as the only things that are changing are the teams kits, crests, etc.

However, with the other leagues (especially if you want the PEU League to be the Bundesliga) I'd definitely wait for the option file as you might have to switch around teams in the competition structure.

In other words, if you start it now, and then upload the option file, you might find out that some other European teams that were added from the option file are now in the Bundesliga which, for me, would just wreck my head! :pac:

I usually just wait for a good option file before I even touch the Master League. :)

Gonna start in the Eriedevise and take the first Championship job I'm offered once I have the option file installed :)

Definitely wait for an option file

• Advertisement

It depends what you want to do. Once you install the option file the premier league, championship and so on kits will be updated fine.

The main problem you'll have is the fake leagues will have the fake players and you won't be able to change that. But if you are happy enough to play with England, Italy, Spain France and Holland's leagues and have no decent version of Germany's then go for it.

If you want to have a decent version of Germany in there then there's no option but to wait really.

Advertisement