Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

loving the gameplay, it is superb, but the game modes and everything else is ****, my club is terrible, the scout system, the black, gold, silver ball thing is ****ing ****, my best player is Ramos of Madrid, yet every person I play online has at least 3 or 4 world class players, which just makes a mockery of the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    loving the gameplay, it is superb, but the game modes and everything else is ****, my club is terrible, the scout system, the black, gold, silver ball thing is ****ing ****, my best player is Ramos of Madrid, yet every person I play online has at least 3 or 4 world class players, which just makes a mockery of the game...
    I agree with you on my club, I think its shíte. I like master league and become a legend though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

ziggyman17 wrote: »

Have to say I've taught this since they introduced it your dead right.

The whole game model is a lazy incredibly dull version of ultimate team.

Add in the fact it plays bloody horrible online no matter what players or manager you have.

Master league or become a legend is only modes I'd be arsed with and there still in need of major revamp.

If fifa had gameplay near as good as pro evolution I'd be all over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Need to get a decent option file, playing Champions league with Slavia Prague and half the team dont play for them anymore.

Also this happened, it took me a few seconds to realize what happened and my shot is awful.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Need to get a decent option file, playing Champions league with Slavia Prague and half the team dont play for them anymore.

Also this happened, it took me a few seconds to realize what happened and my shot is awful.

Update the player roster yet?

The pesuniverse option file is doing me well so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Update the player roster yet?

The pesuniverse option file is doing me well so far.

Did you pay for it?

Did you pay for it?

Ya I did it can be gotten for free on reddit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Did you pay for it?

Have they moved on from uploading them free eventually?
    I like PES but with updates & waiting for option files of every national team I felt like I didn't make the most of the last few times I bought it so I'm skipping this year.
    I tried FIFA but honestly since Ultimate Team happened I feel they have put less & less effort into the actual game. The preview of the Journey is kinda like how a child imagines football would be. It's different I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

It took me a while to get into it, since imo the menus just look so... Japanese, if that makes sense. It looks like they come straight out of some Japanese RPG game.

That said, the game itself is amazing. It has a few flaws, like the grass looks fake etc. but just passing the ball around and building up a nice attack is a delight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Gameplay wise PES is brilliant and far more enjoyable than FIFA imo, but the game modes are dire and haven't been touched in years. It's the very reason I've never payed full price for PES.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Gameplay wise PES is brilliant and far more enjoyable than FIFA imo, but the game modes are dire and haven't been touched in years. It's the very reason I've never payed full price for PES.

Edit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

So much a about the draws in myclub. Konami are not singleing people out.

People will always talk about the savage black/golden picks they got

They'll never say any about the 10 silvers before that

We've all been there build that team up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Bought into the hype. Disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Bit new to the option file scene .

How do I know which one is the best to download ?

Anybody got any links and instructions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

Bit new to the option file scene .

How do I know which one is the best to download ?

Anybody got any links and instructions ?

I usually use pesuniverse.com. There's an Irish guy quite heavily involved in it who has his own YouTube channel (Da Midnite Kid).

Just checked the website though and not all the pages are working for me. I think they're doing a thing whereby if you pay you can get the option file now, but if you want it free you've to wait a fee weeks.

I generally wait a week or two anyway. It allows them update and work on the option file for a bit, make improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Hey lads, is this PES any good? I'm thinking of getting it. I played about 4 versions over the years, from ISS when it first came out to the 2005 version. Then I stopped and got the 2016 one, which I thought was okay, but eventually thought the gameplay wasn't as good as people were making it out to be. I can't put my finger on what I didn't like, but mainly it was AI defense doing stupid things. I mostly played against AI.

So, is it worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

fatbhoy wrote: »
    Hey lads, is this PES any good? I'm thinking of getting it. I played about 4 versions over the years, from ISS when it first came out to the 2005 version. Then I stopped and got the 2016 one, which I thought was okay, but eventually thought the gameplay wasn't as good as people were making it out to be. I can't put my finger on what I didn't like, but mainly it was AI defense doing stupid things. I mostly played against AI.

So, is it worth getting?

Oh, and are option files possible for the PS3 version?

fatbhoy wrote: »
    Oh, and are option files possible for the PS3 version?

You'll have to find a ps3 one, check out some pes message boards. They'll be harder to come by obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Is it possible to get option files of like classic teams from the 90's and such ?

Like vintage mid 90's Premier League teams ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Pes universe did one last year. It'll probably be October or November possibly before that's available though.

• Advertisement

Is it possible to get option files of like classic teams from the 90's and such ?

Like vintage mid 90's Premier League teams ?

Usually onebon pesgaming too, but it takes a while. Perfect thing to get a few months in to make the game interesting

Have to say putting the game modes to one side im really enjoying the game so far.

Ive been playing on top player found it a bit hard at first in certain games but getting hang of it now and really enjoying how the games come together and how you have to build up the play rather then just lash it in.

They dont seem to of fixed the computer never giving away free kicks which is annoying though as i dont know how many times the ref blows for fouls against the player and not the computer in very similar situations!

Master league hasn't changed much but because the game feels great to play i can over look it to a degree.

The main issue with this game and for last while is that although game play is great you do get the feeling that you will get bored with the game modes a lot quicker then you should be!

Its a pitty because if they put as much effort into this as they do the game play Jesus we would have some game on our hands overall.

I guess i can live with what we have got for now because its a great game to play but you cant help feel that its as if there just ignoring these issues now.
    Its as if Konami are oblivious to this how many years have they been handing out kooky weird looking menus and lacking and sometimes broken game modes now ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Kinda sick of it already. Maybe past versions were better than FIFA but this version has some massive issues.

Players not responding on time, every ball going to the opponent, AI spamming over the top balls,...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Sounds awfully like the demo.... had some trouble changing between players when defending too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Transfers in Master League are absolutely stupid. Always have been, and are as bad as ever this year.

Switching players is also horrendous. How on earth was it released with this problem?

You can flick the right stick to choose which player you select next, I find it quote handy sometimes when desperately sprinting after a counter attack.

Anyone using the 'Challenge' mode on Master League?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I saw someone do this in my game so said I'd look for it in the help menu, might be of some use to people here.

You can change the kick off style back to the normal 2 person kick off by pressing R1 + Up on the D-pad. R1 is my change player button so it might be different for other people. Only benefit in it really is the guy you tip off with usually sprints forward and you might catch the defence off guard with a through ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

tigger123 wrote: »
    You can flick the right stick to choose which player you select next, I find it quote handy sometimes when desperately sprinting after a counter attack.

Exactly, it's simple to change between players. Use L1 or else use the right analogue stick to flick in the direction of the specific player you want to choose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

In fairness, switching players is not flawless. A handful of times I've had the team chasing down an attacker in midfield and the game refused to let me control the player who was right behind him and closest to him and instead was giving me players all over the place. And I was trying to switch with both L1 and the analogue.

Advertisement