Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Maybe it's something in your settings you need to change if having difficulty with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Maybe it's something in your settings you need to change if having difficulty with it?

Nah I think it's just the nature of having a lot of players in close proximity that directing the analogue in a certain direction where there are a couple of players needs pinpoint accuracy which is tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

In fairness, switching players is not flawless. A handful of times I've had the team chasing down an attacker in midfield and the game refused to let me control the player who was right behind him and closest to him and instead was giving me players all over the place. And I was trying to switch with both L1 and the analogue.

Yeah this is a major gripe for me, when the opposition are attacking the game insists you control one of your back pedalling defenders which isn't something I want to do as they tend to lunge forward and mistime the tackle, id much rather control my midfielders running back but it's almost impossible to switch to them even with the analogue stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

Started an ML on Challenge mode and already got knocked back on some renegotiations around selling a crap keeper of mine, which is nice to see. Nice to see buy out clauses introduced too. It means players can be taken from you.

I think transfers were too easy in previous versions. Their purpose was only to support you building your squad, and not another element to be considered in the management of your club.

Looking forward to my first Transfer Deadline Day. And I'll keep an eye out for purple vibrators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

There are no setting as far as I am aware. Maybe it's just a massive flaw in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have that issue as well mainly when the ball is between my mid and defenders, most often if win a tackle and the ball breaks loose, it can difficult to get the player you want under control.

Also have yet to win a free kick vs the AI, wtf is up with that? Not one in about 15 games.

Maybe. Glad I'm not experiencing it :)

Maybe. Glad I'm not experiencing it :)

You're one of the few who is happy with the player chosen by computer then. Changing your player is one of the basics for a football game, and for this to be in any way flawed is unforgivable.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I have that issue as well mainly when the ball is between my mid and defenders, most often if win a tackle and the ball breaks loose, it can difficult to get the player you want under control.

Also have yet to win a free kick vs the AI, wtf is up with that? Not one in about 15 games.

By all accounts they never foul. Another massive flaw.

Yep, but I'm used to changing players with the right analogue stick on this game for years now. It's been a feature for 3/4 years, as far as I can remember :)

• Advertisement

Yep, but I'm used to changing players with the right analogue stick on this game for years now. It's been a feature for 3/4 years, as far as I can remember :)

A feature. Yet they can't get the basics right. Although sorry but if you're defending the indefensible then I'll stop discussing it with you.

Or you could just stop upsetting yourself about it altogether. You seem unhappy :P

Or you could just stop upsetting yourself about it altogether. You seem unhappy :P

Christ, really? I'll let you back to fawning over a broken game. I'd rather call a spade a spade instead of being a sheep. I seem unhappy? You seem like an idiot.

Ok, JohnPatrick81.

Sound. It's my fault I can use a game properly :rolleyes:

Take care of yourself.

Btw, just don't buy the game if it's upsetting you so much, and really, it shouldn't be the most important thing in your life, either.

It's only a game after all.

If you could be any more condescending your head would disappear completely up your own hole if it hasn't already :)

Maybe you're unfamiliar with this mind blowing "feature" football games have had for close on 20 years or more, called "switch player". Where you hit the button that claims to "switch player" and guess what? It switches player.

This is a discussion thread for a game. If you can't accept factual critique of the game then maybe just try and ignore it. Your "defence" of the issue is just missing chewbacca at this stage :)

If I had the issue I would try to defend it. Haven't you been reading?

Sorry if I came across as condescending. Some might say being called an "idiot" in a previous post has the same effect. Maybe not you, though?

Take my advice from my previous post and you'll be happier.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

To be fair the analogue stick has been in fifa and PES for years, the issue is that it doesn't work in its intended way. As in I'm controlling player A who's facing the attacker, I flick analogue stick to Player B who's chasing down attacker from behind but it doesn't switch to him. Often times for me it doesn't switch player at all when I try this other times it switches to another defender in line with player A. And it's not as if the game could misinterpret a flick of the stick as a vertical movement instead of a horizontal one, it's just not working the way it should.

Anyway even with that it's still a decent game but just not as good as I was hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SeanCoogan

Wats this analogue stick issue?

The second you made this personal saying "you seem unhappy" you opened the door to being called an idiot.

Just because you do not experience it does not mean it does not exist.

If you don't use the one button method then your whole opinion on this matter is completely pointless and irrelevant.

You precious thing. Imagine I called you "unhappy"!!

Sorry about that.

I think anyone's opinion on this matter besides yours is "completely pointless and irrelevant".

You win.

• Advertisement

Well done, you've disappeared up your own hole.

They've acknowledged there's an issue with lack of fouling and I think it's something they're looking to remedy in the next patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Keen to get started on ML,

Is there a decent option file just for PL teams out at the moment. Sorry but I see loads online and not sure which is the best.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Keen to get started on ML,

Is there a decent option file just for PL teams out at the moment. Sorry but I see loads online and not sure which is the best.

Thanks

This is good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments/70blwr/reddit_community_mega_pack_2018/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You precious thing. Imagine I called you "unhappy"!!

Sorry about that.

I think anyone's opinion on this matter besides yours is "completely pointless and irrelevant".

You win.
    Well done, you've disappeared up your own hole.

Give it a rest or you both are getting banned for a month

Apologies on my behalf, I wasn't taking it too seriously but it obviously came across that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone using the PES Universe OF, is it any good? I was going to use PES gaming, but it still needs a lot done apparenty. I couldn't give a shít about player faces, as long as the player names, teams, crests and competitions all have the right names.

How is everyone finding online divisions matchmaking?

Still getting a rake of Madrid, PSG and Chelsea games but have thankfully gotten some interesting games against teams like Sociedad (who mullered my Spurs 3-1).

I do think that whatever has changed in the game has made the big teams slightly more beatable but still.... Give me some interesting games!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SeanCoogan

Exactly, it's simple to change between players. Use L1 or else use the right analogue stick to flick in the direction of the specific player you want to choose.

Agree with this.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Anyone using the PES Universe OF, is it any good? I was going to use PES gaming, but it still needs a lot done apparenty. I couldn't give a shít about player faces, as long as the player names, teams, crests and competitions all have the right names.

So far so good for me. Had an error installing it and German teams didn't work but I retransferred the file and it worked second time around.

Still lacking national teams but they'll come and the existing licenses do a nice job.

Advertisement