Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

How is everyone finding online divisions matchmaking?

Still getting a rake of Madrid, PSG and Chelsea games but have thankfully gotten some interesting games against teams like Sociedad (who mullered my Spurs 3-1).

I do think that whatever has changed in the game has made the big teams slightly more beatable but still.... Give me some interesting games!!

The higher up the divisions you go the less you'll see of them as there is a point where you can't get promoted with those big team even if you win all 10 games in a season. Instead you'll get to be sick of playing a whole new group of 2/3 teams :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

How is everyone finding online divisions matchmaking?

Still getting a rake of Madrid, PSG and Chelsea games but have thankfully gotten some interesting games against teams like Sociedad (who mullered my Spurs 3-1).

I do think that whatever has changed in the game has made the big teams slightly more beatable but still.... Give me some interesting games!!

Still coming up against the big fish in divisions. In online coop however, I'm getting extremely even matchups. Ireland vs Russia, Leicester vs Monaco, Ajax vs Lyon

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Colemania wrote: »
    Still coming up against the big fish in divisions. In online coop however, I'm getting extremely even matchups. Ireland vs Russia, Leicester vs Monaco, Ajax vs Lyon

Is all co-op matchmaking decided by the computer or does the first-named co-op player on each team get to pick?

I've played a few. Great matchups, normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

So far so good for me. Had an error installing it and German teams didn't work but I retransferred the file and it worked second time around.

Still lacking national teams but they'll come and the existing licenses do a nice job.

Cheers. I won't bother till the national teams are done.

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Is all co-op matchmaking decided by the computer or does the first-named co-op player on each team get to pick?

I've played a few. Great matchups, normally.

We'll I've only played in clan matches so the clan leader picks the team. The default option funnily enough is random so you could get any team!

• Advertisement

We'll I've only played in clan matches so the clan leader picks the team. The default option funnily enough is random so you could get any team!

Yep, that's what I thought. It still throws up some great matchups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

anyone have the PC version? just wondering if there is as much cheating as last years one? had too many guys using a program to overload your network with packages either slowing down your players reactions and/or causing your connection to drop and them being awarded the win even if you had been 3+ goals up at the time and it was in the 80+ minute mark. got to the point for me 7-8 out of 10 games were this and lost the fun stopped playing it after a couple of months

magnumbud wrote: »
    anyone have the PC version? just wondering if there is as much cheating as last years one? had too many guys using a program to overload your network with packages either slowing down your players reactions and/or causing your connection to drop and them being awarded the win even if you had been 3+ goals up at the time and it was in the 80+ minute mark. got to the point for me 7-8 out of 10 games were this and lost the fun stopped playing it after a couple of months

Jesus, I wouldn't blame you for stopping. That's ridiculous. What enjoyment does anyone get from winning by cheating?! That's nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Jesus, I wouldn't blame you for stopping. That's ridiculous. What enjoyment does anyone get from winning by cheating?! That's nuts.

i really dont know, like if im beating someone and they rage quit as long as i got the points who cares but this was infuriating. especially in the myclub tournaments when you get agents for winning 3 games in a row and you've managed to win 2 and then come up against someone doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there any program to create players on my laptop and import them on my PS4? I want to create some Irish teams but won't have my hands on PES till the end of the month I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Anyone on pc wanna try some 1v1 online?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Anyone on pc wanna try some 1v1 online?

I’ll be up for a few games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Steam name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

anytime I try to play an online coop match, its me on my own against 2 or 3 players, any idea why I end up on my own ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Only got the game today and getting error code RKBC2 every time, on PS4 anybody else get this or know the solution?

JamboMac wrote: »
    Only got the game today and getting error code RKBC2 every time, on PS4 anybody else get this or know the solution?

Just getting this now too. Never seen it before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Just getting this now too. Never seen it before

So it's konami fault, that's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Patch today for something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why do they make it so hard for local multiplayer my friend was over last night and it wouldn't let us use the option file because he was signed in as a guest ...........Stuff like that does my nut in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

Really enjoying the ML so far.

Also, while they may not be frequent, I've definitely gotten free kicks.

And have ballooned them into row z.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

tigger123 wrote: »
    Really enjoying the ML so far.

Also, while they may not be frequent, I've definitely gotten free kicks.

And have ballooned them into row z.

I never got them in 2017, don't know why its an issue all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Why do they make it so hard for local multiplayer my friend was over last night and it wouldn't let us use the option file because he was signed in as a guest ...........Stuff like that does my nut in

I set up a second sub-account which is a child account (with max permissions) to get around this.

Takes a bit of work to set it up but sorted me out last year and this.

Yeah I'm gonna sign him in on my american account should sort it hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah I'm gonna sign him in on my american account should sort it hopefully

I could be wrong but I don't think that will work. I think it has to be a child account under one parent account as it's the same user effectively even though it'll have its own username etc.

Is it not the same though ? Like i've about 4 different accounts on my ps4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I set up a second sub-account which is a child account (with max permissions) to get around this.

Takes a bit of work to set it up but sorted me out last year and this.

Yeah, I actually did the same as this as well. It's not a child account though. I set up a new account with a new email etc...

Does a child account with max permissions give you anything extra than a normal dummy account? As in, would that child account be attached to the main account and be allowed play online (as long as the main account isn't online) or things like that? Hardly, I know, but just said I'd ask as I have absolutely no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cienciano wrote: »
    I never got them in 2017, don't know why its an issue all of a sudden.

Played a real match tonight, niggly match, both teams with 5 yellows each. Lots of tackles

That was me on a real pitch in Dublin, yet in my vitual Champions League win with Slavia Praha in PES I did not get one single free kick, not one in 15 games?? :confused:

This is a football game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Played a real match tonight, niggly match, both teams with 5 yellows each. Lots of tackles

That was me on a real pitch in Dublin, yet in my vitual Champions League win with Slavia Praha in PES I did not get one single free kick, not one in 15 games?? :confused:

This is a football game.

Could be the style of play you're using. I'll regularly try to change pace to get away from a defender and get caught, fouled, and win a free kick. Its never a straight out clumsy slide tackle. Free kicks are infrequent, but they definitely happen, as does the AI getting booked.

Can't say it bothers me though. Free kicks have never been that frequent (as someone else says)

Loving the opposition AI this year. Feels like the computer can score from different situations and spot opportunities much better than previous versionns.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Yeah, I actually did the same as this as well. It's not a child account though. I set up a new account with a new email etc...

Does a child account with max permissions give you anything extra than a normal dummy account? As in, would that child account be attached to the main account and be allowed play online (as long as the main account isn't online) or things like that? Hardly, I know, but just said I'd ask as I have absolutely no idea.

Yep, did same as that issue wrecked my head last year. New accounts to sign local players into on your ps4 sort this out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

10 games into a league season with Man United. Few Champions League games played as part of the season too.

Really enjoying it so far. Dribbling more precise and more variety on shots than last year too. Games are tight at times but no loss yet. If that keeps going I'll bump up to superstar and see what that's like.

Advertisement