Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

10 games into a league season with Man United. Few Champions League games played as part of the season too.

Really enjoying it so far. Dribbling more precise and more variety on shots than last year too. Games are tight at times but no loss yet. If that keeps going I'll bump up to superstar and see what that's like.

I'm playing on Superstar... Come to the dark side and enjoy 3-0 defeats and 30% possession...

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Can anyone tell me how to get the 10k gp they keep telling me is q bonus im entitled to? Or is the a catch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

D_turbo wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to get the 10k gp they keep telling me is q bonus im entitled to? Or is the a catch

If its like last year its an email to you weekly in your myclub for 10 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

You get one every day and it should be in your inbox. There's also an online cup where you can play a max of 5 games and if you win, lose or draw, you get 10000gp

magnumbud wrote: »
    If its like last year its an email to you weekly in your myclub for 10 weeks

Much thanks.
    Im an idiot...but an idiot with 40kgp, usain bolt and tots player and a few scouts I had no idea about ,😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

How's everyone's my club team coming along? I got my first black ball last night and got di Maria so that's my RWF position sorted. Rest of my team at all rated 80 except my keeper who is currently 77 rated

Mines not bad on Xb1.
    Dzeko, dost and doumbia
    Gaitin, Fernandez, few other high 70 mids.
    Bonucci, howedes, Valencia and navas in goal.

Love to get a thiago... absolutle baller in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

tigger123 wrote: »
    Could be the style of play you're using. I'll regularly try to change pace to get away from a defender and get caught, fouled, and win a free kick. Its never a straight out clumsy slide tackle. Free kicks are infrequent, but they definitely happen, as does the AI getting booked.

Can't say it bothers me though. Free kicks have never been that frequent (as someone else says)

Loving the opposition AI this year. Feels like the computer can score from different situations and spot opportunities much better than previous versionns.

Possession work the space with a 5 man mid, still havent gotten a single free kick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Mines not bad on Xb1.
    Dzeko, dost and doumbia
    Gaitin, Fernandez, few other high 70 mids.
    Bonucci, howedes, Valencia and navas in goal.

Love to get a thiago... absolutle baller in the game

Had Thiago last year,he was pretty awesome. My team last year were absolutely epic,have a lot of hours to put into it this year to get it back to the same level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

In relation to free kicks, it is hard to get them but not impossible. I'd say I get two or three a game from memory but I must keep an eye on it to be sure. Usual way I get them is the square - x cruyff turn and the dummy shot, often get them using the close control dribble followed by skill move and acceleration away. I don't think I've ever got one for a slide tackle though, its always an outstretched leg. All of my frees I win are nearly always on the wing, i'd say i've had maybe 2 or 3 max scoreable free kicks.

I've been absolutely mown down in the penalty area on several occasions and never got a penalty which is infuriating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

How's everyone's my club team coming along? I got my first black ball last night and got di Maria so that's my RWF position sorted. Rest of my team at all rated 80 except my keeper who is currently 77 rated

Havent played since the weekend but i got,
    David de gea, Kroos, Iniesta, Casemiro and Benetia. Level 30 Maradonna but that came with the bundle
    Long way to go but keeper and most of the mid is sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

So far Douglas Costa, Rafinha, Lloris, William Carvalho to name a few. First player I got was Ronaldo so can’t complain

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Getting this today

What's the 'Premium Edition' Argos are settling? €50 - Much extra stuff on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

callaway92 wrote: »
    Getting this today

What's the 'Premium Edition' Argos are settling? €50 - Much extra stuff on it?

Codes for a special agent and Usain Bolt for MyClub.

And 3 Match Attax cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

How are ye all finding it?

Nice upgrade? I really enjoyed 2017 to be fair - Can't wait to get going on this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I've struggled hard with defending. I've had to spend a decent amount of time just getting myself to an OK standard for defending online.

Going with 5 at the back is one way but that takes away further up the pitch.

It's a good game but there's definitely a bit of a learning curve coming from 17. Also now most people have had over a week to get their head around it so prepare to get your arse handed to you in a few games online at least initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Yep, the standard online already seems better than it was last year! Or maybe I'm just getting worse :)

I've struggled hard with defending. I've had to spend a decent amount of time just getting myself to an OK standard for defending online.

It's a good game but there's definitely a bit of a learning curve coming from 17. Also now most people have had over a week to get their head around it so prepare to get your arse handed to you in a few games online at least initially.

My defending was so bad first 2 days. Couldn't hold a lead. Watched a few YouTube videos and have deffo improved. Stopped doing stupid things... biggest gripe is i still don't clear the ball when i know i really should.

A good DM has made the world of difference for me.

My defending was so bad first 2 days. Couldn't hold a lead. Watched a few YouTube videos and have deffo improved. Stopped doing stupid things... biggest gripe is i still don't clear the ball when i know i really should.

A good DM has made the world of difference for me.

Yeah there's always the temptation to try and keep possession and not just kick it up field.

A good DM for sure as well as the defensive tactic to make sure the DM stays back to protect the defence. I'm getting better alright but still letting in more than I'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'm the same, defending is terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

During the beta (which is actually fairly different gameplay-wise), I went with 5 at the back with Brazil and destroyed teams with counter attacks.

Alisson/Ederson

Marquinhos-Miranda-T. Silva
    Alves
    Marcelo
    Casemiro

Coutinho
    ----Willian
    D. Costa----
    Neymar

It was actually fairly defensive, in terms of set-up leaving only 3/4 players up for each of my attacks, with that front three and Coutinho sitting behind them it worked, but then again it depends on the players at your disposal. Not every team has a forward line with that sort of speed and ability. When defending Casemiro anchors the DM area with Coutinho essentially acting as a box-to-box midfielder, it works well but often times Coutinho doesn't join the attack, nowhere near as much as he should anyway.

Having said that, having to go to such measures to defend appropriately is actually a negative from PES' POV. I've slated FIFA's defending in recent years, but having played the demo I am impressed by the amount of control it allows you while defending, as well as it's overall defensive AI. It's the only clear area where FIFA has the upper hand on PES on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I have a load of 2 and 3 star agents.. what should I do with them ? will I only get rubbish players with them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I have a load of 2 and 3 star agents.. what should I do with them ? will I only get rubbish players with them ?

Scrap the 2 star but hold on to the 3 star. Might be used to get a decent silver ball at some stage to use in offline cups and what not

Nailz wrote: »

Having said that, having to go to such measures to defend appropriately is actually a negative from PES' POV. I've slated FIFA's defending in recent years, but having played the demo I am impressed by the amount of control it allows you while defending, as well as it's overall defensive AI. It's the only clear area where FIFA has the upper hand on PES on the pitch.

Have a look at IGN's review of FIFA. It doesn't sound good for defending in that game either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Does anybody want any LOI kits?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Have a look at IGN's review of FIFA. It doesn't sound good for defending in that game either.

I read that alright, I have to say though I didn't get that impression of the defending from the demo, I thought the defending is tighter than PES' this year. Having said that I did find myself conceding goals in FIFA and being like "how the feck did that happen?" :pac:

So maybe it just gives you the illusion of control, while continuing to shaft to with all the usual FIFA nonsense. I certainly didn't feel any safer however defending with Atletico or Juve than how I did with City for example, even though you should; they didn't feel any different from a defensive point of view. But FIFA's lack of team differentiation has always been an issue.

I don't know to be honest, I felt that I had more control defending in PES 2017, this year's iteration seems more erratic and generally quite difficult to squeeze out the opposition's possession. FIFA feels the opposite, but I still feel hard done by when conceding. I can't ****ing explain it, it's an anomaly. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Does anybody want any LOI kits?

Yeah definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah definitely

What ones? Still waiting to get 18 myself so ive kept myself busy the past 2 weeks making kits. I've most kits done for the Premier. There not perfect, but as close as I could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

loving the game so far, spent all yesterday afternoon playing against the computer, winning and losing games, the game play just feels so good, apart from the lack of free kicks, its the best football game I have ever played, while Fifa on the other hand just feels so sterile, tippy tappy, flicks and tricks, it actually plays more like a game of basketball, were you go up the pitch and score and then your opponent goes down the other end and scores, for me PES plays like a proper game of football while Fifa plays like a arcade game.. not knocking Fifa as I have it pre ordered too,

To summarize it up, when I score a goal in PES I punch the air in delight, when I score a goal in Fifa I just shrug my shoulders...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    What ones? Still waiting to get 18 myself so ive kept myself busy the past 2 weeks making kits. I've most kits done for the Premier. There not perfect, but as close as I could get.

Is it tough work? I'd say a lot of guys would like to use them for their myClub kits if that's even possible?

Advertisement