Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Nailz wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not the "set trajectory" function? I've never properly used it, nor understood what it actually does, but I do remember that still being available on set pieces.

Say you aim way right, press set trajectory, and then aim way left and shoot. The shot will go where you were pointing when you hit the set trajectory button.

I suspect it's for confusing your mates when playing 2 player locally

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Are you sure it's not the "set trajectory" function? I've never properly used it, nor understood what it actually does, but I do remember that still being available on set pieces.

yea i think thats it, if i rememeber last year it used to show you where the ball would be going.

its just not coming up on my screen whe i press r2 at set pieces, even though the option is there on the menu

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Heffoman

Seems extremely hard to score from headers in this game as compared to previous incarnations.

The amount of times my player has missed the ball completely or blazed the header wide from a simple tap in gets ridiculous.

I play an awful lot of balls into the box and the keeper either makes a ridiculous save or your unmarked striker puts it a mile over.

I know last year you could score for fun in the air I think its just gone to the other extreme now.

Or maybe its just me.

Can someone explain to me who knows absolutely nothing about option files, how id go about getting the proper names of teams etc

Now just to warn you i know literally nothing about how to go about it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Say you aim way right, press set trajectory, and then aim way left and shoot. The shot will go where you were pointing when you hit the set trajectory button.

I suspect it's confusing your mates when playing 2 player locally
    Ah right, I would've thought that's what it was for but obviously I am crap at implementing it! Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

akelly02 wrote:
    Can someone explain to me who knows absolutely nothing about option files, how id go about getting the proper names of teams etc

Go to PES Gaming home screen.

Look for PES 2018 Completed Option files.

In that, look for the "DBNZ" one or something like that. The name escapes me, and I'm on the phone so can't link. It's Cristiano's options file anyway.

Look for the download link in the first post. This may send you to his own website which Chrome may have to translate. The link for mediafire will be there anyway and that'll bring you to the proper download.

Download the file and extract to wherever on your computer.

Follow the instructions written in a notepad file in that folder.

Hope I haven't made that too confusing. I can post the link later on anyway if you need me to. ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

Have a look around YouTube for some tutorials. Its worth it for a fully licensed PES.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Go to PES Gaming home screen.

Look for PES 2018 Completed Option files.

In that, look for the "DBNZ" one or something like that. The name escapes me, and I'm on the phone so can't link. It's Cristiano's options file anyway.

Look for the download link in the first post. This may send you to his own website which Chrome may have to translate. The link for mediafire will be there anyway and that'll bring you to the proper download.

Download the file and extract to wherever on your computer.

Follow the instructions written in a notepad file in that folder.

Hope I haven't made that too confusing. I can post the link later on anyway if you need me to. ;):)

Ill give it a go later but id hazard a guess this is hoing to be a big big failure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Finally got 2018 today, and managed to get Ronaldo from my TOTY agent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Heffoman wrote: »
    Seems extremely hard to score from headers in this game as compared to previous incarnations.

The amount of times my player has missed the ball completely or blazed the header wide from a simple tap in gets ridiculous.

I play an awful lot of balls into the box and the keeper either makes a ridiculous save or your unmarked striker puts it a mile over.

I know last year you could score for fun in the air I think its just gone to the other extreme now.

Or maybe its just me.

From corners yes but scoring as many as ever from open play, the deep cross is great even when by the byline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

akelly02 wrote: »
    Ill give it a go later but id hazard a guess this is hoing to be a big big failure
    This used to be a whole evening thing last year, between the crashes and only doing 10-20 teams at a time, then having to change the competition names, formats and emblems manually, but in the end it was totally worth it.
    But this year it is literally a 15-20 minute job when done right, and it's less complicated at that, so it's harder to feck up. :P

If you fail anywhere it'll only be a small thing like not calling your folder WEPES at the root of your storage drive or something minor like that.
    The thing about having to do this to get licensed teams is that you appreciate the licenses more when you know you had to put them in yourself, and you get a warm fuzzy feeling when they're all spot on and exactly the way you want them to be. :D

This used to be a whole evening thing last year, between the crashes and only doing 10-20 teams at a time, then having to change the competition names, formats and emblems manually, but in the end it was totally worth it.
    But this year it is literally a 15-20 minute job when done right, and it's less complicated at that, so it's harder to feck up. :P

If you fail anywhere it'll only be a small thing like not calling your folder WEPES at the root of your storage drive or something minor like that.
    The thing about having to do this to get licensed teams is that you appreciate the licenses more when you know you had to put them in yourself, and you get a warm fuzzy feeling when they're all spot on and exactly the way you want them to be. :D

That sounds really weird but i get you! itl be worth it in the end!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Link for the PESGaming thread for FBNZ (Cristiano's) Option File here.

Link for his website here.

Link For the Mediafire hosting site for his option file here.

Use the third one first (although this bypasses his own site which I don't like doing! :(:o

There'll be instructions in that file as well but I've copied them below anyway:

1. Copy WEPES to your USB
    2. In editor go to data management, import/export
    3. Import all teams with 2nd (import squad data) and 3rd box checked (overwrite existing images)
    4. Import all Competitions with box checked to overwrite all existing images
    5. Go back to Main Menu, Extras, do LIVE UPDATE, and save

I only got to play the game for the first time last night, but before I even played a minute of a match I added the option file first. :):)

Link for the PESGaming thread for FBNZ (Cristiano's) Option File here.

Link for his website here.

Link For the Mediafire hosting site for his option file here.

Use the third one first (although this bypasses his own site which I don't like doing! :(:o

There'll be instructions in that file as well but I've copied them below anyway:

I only got to play the game for the first time last night, but before I even played a minute of a match I added the option file first. :):)

you are mad in the head haha thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Back in the PS2 days I wouldn't play a game of Pro Evo until I had all team names changed and all transfers updated! Had to compile a list of all transfers from various websites and printed it off in order to update it :D

Those were the days :rolleyes:

Is Cristiano's the best one out atm? I set up PES World's one awhile ago, just missing the Portuguese League and I didn't do the Bundesliga yet, thinking I might leave it off and create a LOI one in the fake European league.

ItsHoggie wrote:
    Is Cristiano's the best one out atm? I set up PES World's one awhile ago, just missing the Portuguese League and I didn't do the Bundesliga yet, thinking I might leave it off and create a LOI one in the fake European league.

I've never had a problem with it anyway. :)

I'm sure he'll have a few more updates as well after though. Like the Mexican league isn't done yet either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Played a few games with Gonzo tonight a few draws before he beat with a pox of a goal 90+1 :(

Still cant get over how **** the menus are in this game its easily the worst I have ever seen in a video game, someone got paid to say "yeah this will do" on those menus.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Patww79 wrote: »

I used this one from Reddit. Seems decent enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Colemania wrote: »
    Back in the PS2 days I wouldn't play a game of Pro Evo until I had all team names changed and all transfers updated! Had to compile a list of all transfers from various websites and printed it off in order to update it :D

Those were the days :rolleyes:

I still can't enjoy the game properly until the teams are all done.

Back in the old days a couple of times the game was released early to option file creators and you'd have an option file on your memory card for release day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Player switching is definitely arseways after spending many hours with it. Roll on the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

What's the problem with player switching? Its happening automatically? If so that's a real pain

Installed the pes gaming OF, looks good. Beat man u 17-0 in a friendly as Juve, realised it was on beginner

If I suspend a tournament in myClub does that mean I've to start over again when I go back into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    If I suspend a tournament in myClub does that mean I've to start over again when I go back into it?

Nope! Just make sure to complete it before it expires

Was playing an online cup game in myClub there, 7-0 up after 70 mins and my internet decided to just disconnec t:) :):)

i need to get online this playing the computer craic can only keep you happy for so long

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »
    i need to get online this playing the computer craic can only keep you happy for so long

It's good to mix it up a bit, you'll find loads of different playing styles online.

Advertisement