Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

My Club becomes so much better when your team finally builds chemistry up.

In fairness, the amount of ways to play online is great.

MyClub
    Online Seasons
    Online Competitions
    PES League

Really enjoying it so far - bar the awful player changing..sometimes it literally will just prevent you from changing to a certain man..too many times this has happened.

Collisions can also be poor sometimes. Your player just stops dead once he collides with an opponent..sometimes it's unrealisitic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Cienciano wrote: »
    It's good to mix it up a bit, you'll find loads of different playing styles online.

its bad connection that is stopping me to be honest.

also im in between difficulties i think, top player a bit easy and superstar a bit hard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

The first data pack is out tomorrow, Adam Bhatti says the gameplay patch is still awhile away

https://twitter.com/adam_bhatti/status/915507419970785280

If using an option file, when updating the game/datapacks/weekly updates etc, is there anything that needs to be/shouldn't be done. don't want to remove the option file jerseys etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I've updated my PES 2018 on the 360 will full kits etc..
    Wow!
    Subtle differences, but so many improvements that make it the best football game I've played.
    I only play vs com, and will have plenty of longevity here.

• Advertisement

Got sacked with leicester, only lasted till xmas, on superstar. reload and try again!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

akelly02 wrote: »
    Got sacked with leicester, only lasted till xmas, on superstar. reload and try again!

I started ML yesterday, I noticed 2 settings, "classic" and something else. "professional" or something. Which did you pick? I just went for classic. Playing with Boca btw

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cienciano wrote:
    I started ML yesterday, I noticed 2 settings, "classic" and something else. "professional" or something. Which did you pick? I just went for classic. Playing with Boca btw

Classic or Challenge.

I went for challenge. I also chose Sparta Rotterdam, although that could purely have something to do with the fact that, at the start of ever home game, I can shout "This is SPARTA!!"

I do like picking really obscure teams though. In PES 2017 I brought Tenerife to La Liga title (albeit largely due to Real's capitulation).

I went with the other one. challenge maybe. its easier to get sacked apparantly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

New Data Pack is live and includes;

117 New Player Faces
    10 New Boots
    Barca ML Boards
    3329 New Player Thumbnails

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Classic or Challenge.

I went for challenge. I also chose Sparta Rotterdam, although that could purely have something to do with the fact that, at the start of ever home game, I can shout "This is SPARTA!!"

I do like picking really obscure teams though. In PES 2017 I brought Tenerife to La Liga title (albeit largely due to Real's capitulation).
    I used to do that, but I like to start in South America now. But don't want to spend too long there, hence Boca
    I went with the other one. challenge maybe. its easier to get sacked apparantly :D
    I saw something about getting sacked easier and players being harder to negotiate with. I thought I have enough stress in real life so I can do without my master league players giving me shít too, so went with classic.

I used to do that, but I like to start in South America now. But don't want to spend too long there, hence Boca

I saw something about getting sacked easier and players being harder to negotiate with. I thought I have enough stress in real life so I can do without my master league players giving me shít too, so went with classic.

ill try the classic next time so , i dont need the stress either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

ill try the classic next time so , i dont need the stress either!!

You can change it during the game I think

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Has anyone got any tips on defending. I'm getting easily done by players online.

Firstly if I get done by one-twos all the time because my defenders don't try the runner.

Secondly, if I'm sprinting to close down a player I have to keep sprinting and hope I get a touch on the ball because if I slow down at all it's like they're running in tar.

I really like this game but my shocking defending is annoying me so much.

So, any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

In my experience, the best way to defend in this game is to position your defenders well. It's far easier to intercept passes, block shots or force attackers away from danger by manually controlling the defender than it is by pressing O or X.

Combine that with a 5-3-2 formation and you can pretty miserly in defence. That's my usually tactic against players rated 950+.

Use 2 players. Hold square to get a defender to pressure the player with the ball, use the other player you are controlling to position to intercept the pass. You can usually guess where the pass will go. Az1234 on here is great at it, usually knows where my pass is about to go before I do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Link for the PESGaming thread for FBNZ (Cristiano's) Option File here.

Link for his website here.

Link For the Mediafire hosting site for his option file here.

Use the third one first (although this bypasses his own site which I don't like doing! :(:o

There'll be instructions in that file as well but I've copied them below anyway:

I only got to play the game for the first time last night, but before I even played a minute of a match I added the option file first. :):)

Getting "Loading Failed" on Cameroon which seems to be holding the whole thing up each time.

Any ideas?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Morzadec wrote: »
    Getting "Loading Failed" on Cameroon which seems to be holding the whole thing up each time.

Any ideas?

In PES 2017, whenever there was one team that failed to import, I'd import every other time first, and then import that one separately. Not sure if this will fix the issue as I don't know if it's the same issue or not but it may be worth a go.

For me, everything just imported first time.

In PES 2017, whenever there was one team that failed to import, I'd import every other time first, and then import that one separately. Not sure if this will fix the issue as I don't know if it's the same issue or not but it may be worth a go.

Cool may just leave out all the African team and see what happens, don't really need them anyway. Thanks for your reply

Any ideas?

Looks like I managed to figure this out (fingers crossed)

For some reason every team had two files, one would be like "AFRICA_CAMEROON.ted" and then another something like "_1.AFRICA_CAMEROON.ted", and it was that second one that kept failing.

Tested just the first one for Cameroon and it seemed to work (checked Cameroon and they had the official looking Puma kit).

So went through the whole list and manually removed all the duplicate entries that had the "_1." (was something like that anyway, can't exactly remember).

All the teams are now loading up without issue, pretty sure they should all work correctly.

Hopefully this might be of use to someone if they encounter the same problem as me!

• Advertisement

Question - has the hardest level on the game against the computer got harder?

Last time I played Master League was PES 2016 and I played on the hardest level - was really well balanced for me, I played with Liverpool and came 5th in the league and lost in the final of the Europa which seems pretty realistic for Liverpool's level. Improved my playing squad a lot and won the league in my second season.

Started one on PES 2018 on the hardest level yesterday and the computer are seriously good! Lost my first 3 matches against the likes WBA and Palace...

Will probably have to swallow my pride and drop down to Top Player, but I never remember a PES game going all the way back to the PS1 games where I didn't play on the hardest level so was a bit surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Question - has the hardest level on the game against the computer got harder?

Last time I played Master League was PES 2016 and I played on the hardest level - was really well balanced for me, I played with Liverpool and came 5th in the league and lost in the final of the Europa which seems pretty realistic for Liverpool's level. Improved my playing squad a lot and won the league in my second season.

Started one on PES 2018 on the hardest level yesterday and the computer are seriously good! Lost my first 3 matches against the likes WBA and Palace...

Will probably have to swallow my pride and drop down to Top Player, but I never remember a PES game going all the way back to the PS1 games where I didn't play on the hardest level so was a bit surprised!

Your team starts to play better once their chemistry becomes better. That can make the start of ML a bit more difficult I find.

I have some bad news for you though. Superstar isn't the top level anymore. There is a legend level unlockable after winning 5 games on superstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Your team starts to play better once their chemistry becomes better. That can make the start of ML a bit more difficult I find.

I have some bad news for you though. Superstar isn't the top level anymore. There is a legend level unlockable after winning 5 games on superstar.

Really? Five games in any format? Just regular matches or Master League?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Nokotan wrote: »
    Really? Five games in any format? Just regular matches or Master League?

Not a 100% sure it just unlocked for me after a few games. I wasn't chasing it so couldn't tell you what mode I done it in.

I thought it was just beating the CPU 5 times on Superstar though.

I see PES have partnered up with Arsenal too.

Emirates gonna be in the game. Pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

callaway92 wrote:
    Emirates gonna be in the game. Pretty cool

You'll have to check if the volume on the tv is working it'll be so quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Seen someone say on twitter that Pes Universe are doing a LOI OF, any truth in this? I'm about half way through making my own one, so would be kind of annoyed that I wasted all this time on it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

Can anyone tell me how to get a 2 v 2 online match on the go? As in, me and a mate playing against 2 randomers online? Tried to do this last night and couldn't find it anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sadly the more I play this game the less of an improvement on last year it is.

Have played one game vs a person 2/3 goals were UI issues

Advertisement